Is Maria Sharapova Tying the Knot With Boyfriend George Dimitrov, Sharapova Denies Marriage Rumors
By Rachelle Corpuz | September 16, 2013 12:29 PM EST
Hang on, boys! Don't start crying like a baby. Tennis superstar Maria Sharapova is still going to remain single.
Sharapova was previously engaged and set to marry basketball player Sasha Vujajic before, but the two broke it off and parted ways in 2012. Now, she is currently dating the Bulgarian tennis player George Dimitrov who is World No 28. Dimitrov was also rumoured in the past to have dated fellow tennis player Serena Williams.
Anyway, Sharapova missed the 2013 U.S. Open due to an injury but she knows how to stay in the limelight. She recently appeared on Chelsea's talk show where she promoted her candy line, Sugarpova.
The rumours of Sharapova getting married all started when she was seen sporting a ring on her left finger during the New York Fashion Week. The ring doesn't really look like an engagement ring, but everyone has gotten so curious about it.
She was interviewed by iconic TV and radio host, Larry King, and there, she put the rumours to bed. She completely denied every rumour about her getting engaged.
"I am not getting married, not that I know of," Sharapova said when she was asked about the issue.
Well, who would know it better than her! She didn't elaborate much why she wore the "so-called engagement ring" on her left finger, but made it clear that she is not walking down the aisle any time soon.
Sharapova and Dimitrov were not very open about their relationship as boyfriend and girlfriend. It was only made official when they were pictured together after Dimitrov loss against World No 1 Novak Djokovic at the Madrid Open. Only then that she confirmed that they were really dating.
So there you have it! Sharapova, herself, is not getting married soon, not just yet. All of you guys can now breathe a sigh of relief.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Wants To Talk To Manny Pacquiao About Super Fight If Filipino Beats Chris Algieri
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Kate Upton And BF Detroit Tigers’ Justin Verlander Spotted Shopping Post Nude Photo Leak Scandal
- 2014/15 NBA Season Preview And Predictions: Los Angeles Lakers; Jeremy Lin's Breakout Campaign
- Manchester United News: Angel Di Maria’s Exit And Hummels’ Future Move
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money