Is Maria Sharapova Tying the Knot With Boyfriend George Dimitrov, Sharapova Denies Marriage Rumors
By Rachelle Corpuz | September 16, 2013 12:29 PM EST
Hang on, boys! Don't start crying like a baby. Tennis superstar Maria Sharapova is still going to remain single.
Sharapova was previously engaged and set to marry basketball player Sasha Vujajic before, but the two broke it off and parted ways in 2012. Now, she is currently dating the Bulgarian tennis player George Dimitrov who is World No 28. Dimitrov was also rumoured in the past to have dated fellow tennis player Serena Williams.
Anyway, Sharapova missed the 2013 U.S. Open due to an injury but she knows how to stay in the limelight. She recently appeared on Chelsea's talk show where she promoted her candy line, Sugarpova.
The rumours of Sharapova getting married all started when she was seen sporting a ring on her left finger during the New York Fashion Week. The ring doesn't really look like an engagement ring, but everyone has gotten so curious about it.
She was interviewed by iconic TV and radio host, Larry King, and there, she put the rumours to bed. She completely denied every rumour about her getting engaged.
"I am not getting married, not that I know of," Sharapova said when she was asked about the issue.
Well, who would know it better than her! She didn't elaborate much why she wore the "so-called engagement ring" on her left finger, but made it clear that she is not walking down the aisle any time soon.
Sharapova and Dimitrov were not very open about their relationship as boyfriend and girlfriend. It was only made official when they were pictured together after Dimitrov loss against World No 1 Novak Djokovic at the Madrid Open. Only then that she confirmed that they were really dating.
So there you have it! Sharapova, herself, is not getting married soon, not just yet. All of you guys can now breathe a sigh of relief.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Rafael Nadal To Showcase Vintage Look at US Open - Report
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies