Both the Washington Redskins and Green Bay Packers are smarting from less-than-a-touchdown losses in their previous games and both are looking forward to bouncing back in Week 2 and avoid a 0-2 start to begin the 2013 regular season.
The Packers kept pace with the San Francisco 49ers last Sunday but Colin Kaepernick was too much after the star quarterback destroyed Green Bay for a career-high 412 yards and three touchdowns. The 49ers beat the Packers, 34-28 in Week 1.
While the Packers’ defense fell short, their offense still carried them to the close contest. Quarterback Aaron Rodgers had 333 passing yards and three touchdowns, wide-receivers Jordy Nelson had 130 yards and Randall Cobb had 108 yards on 7 pases.
The Redskins had a similar defensive struggle against the Philadelphia Eagles in Week 1. They allowed veteran quarterback Michael Vick who finished with 257 total yards and three touchdowns. The Eagles pulled off the surprising 33-27 road victory.
In his first game back off a major knee surgery, Redskins franchise quarterback Robert Griffin III had respectable numbers of 353 yards and 2 touchdowns but had 2 interceptions vs. an Eagles defense, which contained Washington to just 74 yards on the ground.
In 28 games since 2009, the Packers are nearly unbeatable at home with 26 wins at the Lambeau Field. The Packers are also 4-1 in the last five head-to-head match-ups between these two squads but Washington has won the last one in 2010, 16-13.
Betting Against the Spread (ATS)
Washington Redskins Trends
- Redskins are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games on the road
- Redskins are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games vs. teams with losing records
- Redskins are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 games overall
- Redskins are 1-6-1 ATS in their last 8 games after allowing 150 yards or more in previous game
Green Bay Packers Trends
- Packers are 9-2 ATS in their last 11 games after a loss
- Packers are 15-5-1 ATS in their last 21 games vs. team with a losing road record
- Packers are 22-8-1 ATS in their last 31 games at home
- Packers are 19TS in their last 26 games after an ATS loss
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Models' Ramp Walk Aired on Tuesday [PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Bold, Sexy and Sensuous Lingerie Fashion [PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Drooling Guys, Conscious Girls, Naughty Jokes on Twitter [SEE PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Best Pictures From The Sexiest Show Ever [ SEE PHOTOS/VIDEOS]