Plants vs Zombies 2 tips and strategy tutorials help players avoid unnecessary expenses when playing the game. Now that it's been released to Android devices, more players are facing the more challenging sequel to the highly addictive zombie-slaying game.
Initially available to iOS devices only, Plants vs Zombies 2 caused many Android users to reconsider their next tablet or smartphone purchase. But PopCap and EA have already made the game available to Android users in China. Worldwide launch happens later in the year.
5 Basic Plants vs Zombies 2 Tips
Here are five easy tricks in playing Plants vs Zombies 2. These tips don't involve cheating of any kind - just some old school careful planning.
1. Blocked by the graves? Have Kernel-pults. They were good in the original PvZ, but they're better in PvZ 2. Attacks of this butter-and-kernel flipping plant cannot be obstructed by several gravestones. You won't even need a Grave Buster in almost all levels. That's one seed slot free for one more damaging plant! It may not be strongly damaging, but the butter freeze is enough to give you some moments to breathe in mass zombie arrivals.
2. Use upgrades only when extremely necessary. Use of Power Pinch, Power Toss, and Power Zap requires a lot of coins in Plants vs Zombies 2. But the plants (with stand-by Plant Food) are often enough to get through a difficult level.
3. Beat the Pharaoh Zombie with "Dracarys." Always pick a Snapdragon to fill your seed slot when you see the shielded zombie. A plant food on a Snapdragon works wonders, if your timing is right. In contrast, an enhanced Coconut Cannon is not enough to beat the pharaoh.
4. Itching to buy coins? Money is wasted on coin purchase. If you've got a good strategy in place, there's no need for more coins. Choosing the best plants for the best zombie group is much better.
5. Buying plants 'cause you can't help yourself? There are many PvZ 2 levels where having certain plants is needed on top of a mere strategy. Brave the star quests and finish the easier levels first to get the plant you need.
Plants vs Zombies 2 is now available to Android devices in China. The game soft launched to iOS devices in Australia and New Zealand on July 9. It was released to iPhone, iPad and iPod touch players worldwide on Aug. 15.
More IB Times Australia Tech Features:
Plants vs. Zombies 2: Tips and FAQs from PopCap; New Buys for Brainz [PHOTOS]
iPhone 5C, iPhone 5S: Prices, Best Features, Worst Dealbreakers [READ]
iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C Mocked in Viral Parody Video; Funny Memes feat. 'Upset' Steve Jobs and Touch ID 'Security Risk' [PHOTOS, GRAPHICS]