September 13, 2013 6:28 PM EST
Friday the 13th: Sinister Bands That Will Scare Your Socks Off (PHOTOS and VIDEOS)
Friday the 13th - The holy day for the sickest souls. Friday the 13th - The day we celebrate by singing hymns to the dead.
We have here some of the sickest bands from across the globe. And, we are listening to them all day on Friday the 13th.
1. Behemoth: "Glory unto the Scarlet Woman, Babalon the Mother of Abominations, that rideth upon the Beast, for she hath split their blood in every corner of the earth and lo! She hath mingled it in the cup of her whoredom," Behemoth quotes The Great Beast 666 Aleister Crowley, an English occultist, poet, magician and mountaineer.
The band, Behemoth, is a Polish blackened death metal outfit known for being absolutely sinister on stage. From corpse paint to "Bible" bashing, these guys have done it all. The band is unstoppable and unleashes hell whenever they land on stage. Nergal, the front man, celebrates music in its darkest form and creates songs like "The Seed Ov I," "Demigod," "Defiling Morality Ov Black God," and many more.
Check out "Demigod" live and raise those horns up.
Video courtesy: YouTube/bobmedialabel
2. Cannibal Corpse: When it comes to technical precision and brutal song writing, Cannibal Corpse has no equal. To top it all, the album cover art can make the faint-hearted puke like there is no tomorrow. Cannibal Corpse is at the frontlines of Death Metal with albums like "Tomb of the Mutiliated," "Butchered At Birth," "Bloodthirst," "The Wretched Spawn," and the latest, "Torture." The notorious band is banned in many countries.
3. Solar Deity: Spearheaded by Aditya Mehta, Solar Deity is a two-man Satanic Black metal band from India. Recently, the band released its third EP titled "Devil Worship." In an interview, Aditya Mehta states that "Devil Worship" is darker compared to the stuff they have done so far. Other EPs by the band are "In The Name of Satan," and "The Darkness of Being." The band members wear robes and avoid corpse paint as it will wreck Aditya's skin. "Through the Hallways of Narak" is our favourite from Solar Deity's third EP, "Devil Worship."
4. Reptilian Death: Death Metal outfit from Mumbai, India, released their debut album "The Dawn Of Consummation and Emergence." Apart from the music, the two monsters featured on their Facebook page can scare the hell out of anyone.
5. Gutslit: Death Metal monsters from Mumbai, India released their debut album "Skewered in the Sewer." The songs are brutal in every sense. Relentless butchering begins as soon as you hit the play button and only stops when the last song ends. You might find yourself dismembered after listening to "Skewered in the Sewer." Recommendations - "Circumcised with a Chainsaw," "Pulp Face," and "Pustulated Phallic Enthrallment."
6. Mayhem: The list would be incomplete without the mention Norwegian Black Metal band, Mayhem. The band was formed in 1985 by Necrobutcher and guitarist Euronymous. Mayhem claims to be the first black metal band from Norway to make an impact in their country (I guess, they are pointing towards the infamous church burnings). There are stories about the band's activity that are quite scary and sick. Lead vocalist of Mayhem, Dead committed suicide in 1991 by shooting himself in the head; later, Hellhammer made a necklace out of his skull fragments, and reportedly Euronymous cooked and ate pieces of Dead's brain.
On Aug. 10, 1993, Euronymous was stabbed to death by Count Grishnackh or Varg Vikernes (Burzum, Old Funeral).
Check out the band's song, Freezing Moon Live.
Well, this is how we celebrated Friday the 13th here, check out some of the meanest bands in the slideshow as well.