September 13, 2013 5:51 PM EST
WATCH ! Top 10 Scary Movies Perfect For Friday The 13th [PHOTOS and VIDEO]
Today is Friday the 13th in the year 2013. Considered an unlucky day in the Western superstition, most people have an impending fear that something bad might happen today.
Though every year this day comes often and the fear emerges every time but now there is a term too used to describe this fear and it's called triskaidekaphobia, or fear of the number 13. But why not let go off all your fears and just chill with a horror movie instead. Its weekend and you have all rights to grab a DVD and conjure in the spirit of Friday the 13th.
If you have run out of options, do not worry. IBTimes brings you a list of top 10 scary movies perfect for Friday the 13th. Let's begin our list
1. Evil Dead - "Evil Dead" is the all time classic horror movie released in the 80s but still has that bone-chilling effect on you if you watch it even in broad day light. The story is about five college students vacationing in a wood cabin in an isolated forest. They discover a Book of the Dead that summons up dormant demons and rest all is history.
Watch the clip of "Evil Dead" here
2. The Exorcist - If you consider yourself brave, think twice. You have to watch "The Exorcist" and prove it. The movie tells a story of a 12-year-old girl who gets possessed by a demon and her mother's desperate attempts to get her back to normal childhood. The scene where the demon-girl rises from the bed and attacks the priests is sure to make you close your eyes!
Watch the trailer of "The Exorcist" here
Source: Youtube.com/kashif naveed
3. Saw - This one has a hand which no one can forget. The film's story revolves around two men who find themselves chained in a dilapidated subterranean bathroom and are each given instructions via a micro cassette recorder on how they can escape.
Watch "Saw" clip here
4. The Ring - No one can beat the Japanese when it comes to horror genre and "The Ring" is a proof of it. Remake of the 1998 Japanese horror film Ringu, the story focuses on a mysterious videotape that contains disturbing images. After watching the tape, the viewer receives a phone call in which a girl's voice announces that the viewer will die in seven days!
Watch "The Ring" here
5. The Grudge - Again based on a Japanese remake, the film has many stories linked together by a main storyline - if someone dies in extreme sorrow, a curse is born. The movie was a huge critical success.
The Grudge trailer
6. Insidious - "Insidious" is a 2011 supernatural horror film which revolves around the story of a couple whose son enters a comatose state and becomes possessed by a ghost. The movie's highlights are a bloody hand-print on the boy's bed and the images of a haunting man in the girl's bedroom.
Watch Insidious here
7. The Exorcism of Emily Rose - If "The Exorcist" was scary, it becomes scarier if there is Emily Rose involved. The movie is based on a true story of a girl who became possessed by a demon but died during the process of exorcism by a priest. The movie has some really nasty images of Emily rose' twisted neck while she is possessed by a demon.
Watch "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" trailer here
8. Orphan - Another movie based on a child's life, the "Orphan" is a psychological thriller released in 2009. The movie is based on the life of a 34-year-old girl who poses as a teenager and gets adopted into a family. But as the story unfolds, we see what the motive of the girl is. The climax scene where she attacks the deaf and dumb child is a must watch!
Watch "Orphan" trailer here
9. Creep - As the name sounds, the movie is equally creepy too. This 2004 British horror film is about a woman who gets locked in the London Underground and gets stalked by mysterious man living under the skewers. The movie has some really disturbing images of pregnant woman being tortured by a man who thinks he is a surgeon.
Watch "Creep" clip here
Source: youtube.com/Ray schutts
10. Shutter - We have saved the best for the last. If Japanese are horror masters, Thais too are exceptionally good at it. The movie "Shutter" is based on 2004 Thai horror film of the same name. The story revolves around a newly married couple who find out some disturbing, ghostly images in photographs they develop after a tragic accident. You have to watch the movie to find out rest.
Watch "Shutter" clip here