Pained by Rejection from Own Mum, Baby Elephant Cries Inconsolably for Hours (VIDEO)
By Esther Tanquintic-Misa | September 13, 2013 3:27 PM EST
Apparently, not only human babies suffer the fate of rejection and abandonment from their mothers. Even baby animals too. In China, a newly born baby calf elephant had cried inconsolably for five hours, pained by the rejection it suffered from its own mum.
Baby elephant Zhuangzhuang had just came out from his mother's womb on Aug 30 when for some unknown reason, zoo keepers saw his mother suddenly stomping on him.
Horrified zoo keepers at the Shendiaoshan Wild Animal Natural Reserve Area, in Rongcheng, Shandong, China, intervened and immediately took newborn calf elephant Zhuangzhuang away from his mother. They went to treat his injuries, and two hours later, thinking that what transpired earlier between the mother and elephant son could have been just an accident, returned the little calf elephant to his mother.
For the second time, upon seeing her baby, the mother elephant stomped again on Zhuangzhuang. Zoo keepers know this time it was no longer an accident. They took away baby elephant Zhuangzhuang from his mother permanently.
"The calf was very upset and he was crying for five hours before he could be consoled", an unidentified spokesman said.
"He couldn't bear to be parted from his mother and it was his mother who was trying to kill him."
One of the zoo keepers took pity on Zhuangzhuang and decided to adopt him.
"They have made a good bond. We don't know why the mother turned on her calf but we couldn't take a chance."
Zhuangzhuang has since recovered from his sad ordeal and has reportedly been making good progress.
Video Source: Youtube/tubemediacom
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- MH370 Update: Australians Unveil New Map To Find The Missing Plane
- Ebola Virus 'Rapidly Mutating' as Research Finds Almost 400 Mutations; International Aid Moves at a Snail's Pace
- Court Grants Indian Man Divorce Over Wife’s Insatiable Sex Demands
- ISIS Threat: Australia Terror Alert Level at 'Medium' as Saudi King Warns of Attacks in Europe in a Month
- Shocking Ice Bucket Challenge Video: Man Drenches 10-Month-Old Granddaughter, Video Garnered Angry And Appalled Comments From Viewers
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How