Australian NBL 2013-2014 Season News: Wollongong Hawks Acquires Import Durrell Summers
By Mark Wayne Eubank | September 13, 2013 3:25 PM EST
Michigan State stand-out Durrell Summers will be playing for the Wollongong Hawks in the 2013-2014 season of the National Basketball League.
Summers has international as well as NBA D-League experiences under his belt.
He played for the Maine Red Claws and Idaho Stampede in two separate seasons in the D-League.
The Michigan native spent a season in France (S.O.M. Boulonnais) and in Venezuela (Trotamundos de Carabobo).
The 6'5" shooting guard is a well-rounded player who is known not only for his outside sniping but as well as his crazy hops but remains an asset on the defensive end.
He will be joining Rotnei Clarke, who was also signed as enforcement by the Hawks, as soon as immigration gives the green light.
Wollongong will be playing the Perth Wildcats and the Melbourne Tigers on Sept 21 and 22, before the season commences.
Hawks coach Gordie McLeod can't wait to welcome Summers to the team and introduce him to the system that he's running.
"We are looking forward to Durrell joining us, getting to know his team mates and our system," Coach Gordie McLeod told nbl.com.au.
"It has been a long recruitment process this year as we rebuild our core following the retirements over the past two years of Glen Saville and Mat Campbell. Sav and Mat played such an integral part in the team; we are mindful it will take time to make these adjustments,"
Summers was part of the Michigan State team, under distinguished head coach Tom Izzo, that made it to the NCAA finals in 2009 and the Final Four in 2010.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2