NBA Fight: Stephen Jackson vs. Steve Francis [VIDEO]
By James Patrick Quizon | September 12, 2013 1:32 PM EST
Retired NBA point guard Steve Francis got choked by almost-retired NBA small forward Stephen Jackson in a fight at a night club on Wednesday night.
Jackson, or known as “S-Jax” in the NBA or “Stak 5” in his rap career, was in the middle of a performance when Francis decided to go on-stage as well. This might have prompted the fracas which led to Jackson choking Francis and then later on, Francis getting handcuffed security.
Watch the video below (go straight to the 25:52 mark) and decide which is more embarrassing: a) grown, matured former NBA players going at it or b) a grown, matured former NBA player getting handcuffed in a night club.
Both of the players involved in the scuffle had productive stints in their respective NBA careers. Jackson averaged 15.3 points, 3.9 rebounds and 3.1 assists in his 13-year NBA career, while Francis logged in averages of 18.1 points, 5.6 rebound and 6 assists in 9 years in the pro league.
The undrafted Jackson entered the league in 2000 and played for the New Jersey Nets before winning a championship with the San Antonio Spurs in 2003. He also suited up for the Atlanta Hawks, Indiana Pacers, Golden State Warriors, Charlotte Bobcat and Milwaukee Bucks.
Jackson was also involved in the infamous “Malice at the Palace” brawl on Nov 19, 2004.
Meanwhile, Francis was the overall #2 pick by the Vancouver Grizzlies in the 1999 NBA Draft. He got promptly traded by the team after refusing to play for the Canadian franchise. Aside from the Rockets, Francis also played for the Orlando Magic and the New York Knicks. In 2010, the “Franchise” signed with a team in China, which eventually cut him.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners