2013 Qatar World 9-Bool Pool Championship Live Scoring, Scores and Schedule
By James Patrick Quizon | September 12, 2013 11:49 AM EST
The round-of-64 of the World 9-Ball Pool Championship rolled Wednesday night at the Al Arabi Indoor Stadium in Qatar, marking the start of the knockout stages of one of the most prestigious billiards tournaments in the world on Thursday.
The felt wars started as early as Saturday with a total of 128 players hoping to survive the group stages. A few notable casualties failed to advance from the last 64 in the tournament with a total prize pool of US$ 250,000.
The biggest fish to fall was probably the Philippines’ Efren “Bata” Reyes, who fell to Dutch Nick Van den Berg in a rather easy 11- 5 win. Joining Reyes in the booted-out list are Germany’s Ralf Souquet, who fell to Carlos Biado, 11-5; and Great Britain’s Mark Grey, who got beat by Austria’s Mario He, 11-7.
Great Britain’s Darren Appleton, who is the defending champion in this event, defeated Ivo Aarts, 11-5, to advance to the round of 32 where he’ll face Thorsten Hohmann of Germany.
One of the marquee match-ups in the KO round was the battle between USA’s Corey Deuel and Great Britain’s Daryl Peach. The match saw a hill-hill struggle, but eventually, Peach showed more composure in eking out the 11-10 victory. Another big-name battle was between Canada’s Alex Pagulayan and Finland’s Mika Immonen. The Finn cruised to the 11-6 win to advance the next round.
2013 Qatar World 9-Bool Pool Championship Live Scoring
Oliver Ortmann (Germany) vs. Antonio Gabica (Philippines)
Ko Pin Yi (Chinese-Taipei) vs. Mika Immonen (Finland)
Wu Chi Ching (China) vs. Nick Van den Berg (Netherlands)
Toh Lian Han (Singapore) vs. Hsu Kai Lun (Chinese-Taipei)
Karl Boyes (Great Britain) vs. Huidji See (Netherlands)
Israel Rota (Philippines) vs. Lo Li Wen (Chinese-Taipei)
Lee Vann Corteza (Philippines) vs. Daryl Peach (Great Britain)
Mario He (Austria) vs. Nick Ekonomopoulos (Greece)
*Matches begin at 6 pm Australia time
Naoyuki Oi (Japan) vs. Vilmos Foldes (Hungary)
Jeff de Luna (Philippines) vs. Mohammed Zulfikri (Indonesia)
Darren Appleton (Great Britain) vs. Thorsten Hohmann (Germany)
John Morra (Canada) vs. Dennis Orcollo (Philippines)
Chris Melling (Great Britain) vs. Ramil Gallego (Philippines)
Jalal Yousef (Venezuela) vs. David Alcaide (Spain)
Carlo Biado (Philippines) vs. Shane Van Boening (U.S.)
Marlon Manalo (Philippines) vs. Fabio Petroni (Italy)
*Matches begin at 7:30 pm Australia time
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2