Watch Live Online FIBA Americas Final – Puerto Rico vs. Mexico (Gold Medal), Argentina vs. Dominican Republic: Live Stream, Scores & Results
By Lou Ramon Aguila | September 12, 2013 8:21 AM EST
The 2013 FIBA Americas Championship enters the final day of competition with the future of the tournament all but answered. Perennial contenders Argentina, without Manu Ginobili, Pablo Priogini and Carlos Delfino, looked nothing but a D-League team while Brazil paid its own price by not fielding their best players in the tourney. Dominican Republic is still a tough team to beat even without Atlanta Hawks center Al Horford while a fully-prepared Puerto Rico is elite.
However, the toast of the 11-day tourney remains the emergence of Mexico as a basketball power in this continent. The former whipping boy of FIBA Americas has suddenly turned into a high-octane team with lots of weapons outside NBA player Gustavo Ayon. In a blink of an eye, Mexico is one win away to become the new kings of FIBA Americas hard court. They have indeed come a long way, but the biggest test is yet to come.
Boasting a rich history of FIBA Americas success, Puerto Rico enters the tournament as the hands down favorite to win the title. Loaded with weapons such former NBA players Carlos Arroyo, Renaldo Balkman and current Minnesota T-Wolves guard J.J Barea, the Puerto Ricans have the capacity to turn this championship match into a one-sided affair.
Then again, Mexico has proven all over again that they are primed to win it all. Ayon and the rest of the Mexican national basketball team are expected to give their all on the floor in what could be a very exciting and action-packed finale in Caracas, Venezuela.
But before the main event, Argentina and Dominican Republic will contest for the bronze medal in the tourney at 5:30.
Live Streaming Information (Manila/ Perth Time)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS