Watch Live Online FIBA Americas Final – Puerto Rico vs. Mexico (Gold Medal), Argentina vs. Dominican Republic: Live Stream, Scores & Results
By Lou Ramon Aguila | September 12, 2013 8:21 AM EST
The 2013 FIBA Americas Championship enters the final day of competition with the future of the tournament all but answered. Perennial contenders Argentina, without Manu Ginobili, Pablo Priogini and Carlos Delfino, looked nothing but a D-League team while Brazil paid its own price by not fielding their best players in the tourney. Dominican Republic is still a tough team to beat even without Atlanta Hawks center Al Horford while a fully-prepared Puerto Rico is elite.
However, the toast of the 11-day tourney remains the emergence of Mexico as a basketball power in this continent. The former whipping boy of FIBA Americas has suddenly turned into a high-octane team with lots of weapons outside NBA player Gustavo Ayon. In a blink of an eye, Mexico is one win away to become the new kings of FIBA Americas hard court. They have indeed come a long way, but the biggest test is yet to come.
Boasting a rich history of FIBA Americas success, Puerto Rico enters the tournament as the hands down favorite to win the title. Loaded with weapons such former NBA players Carlos Arroyo, Renaldo Balkman and current Minnesota T-Wolves guard J.J Barea, the Puerto Ricans have the capacity to turn this championship match into a one-sided affair.
Then again, Mexico has proven all over again that they are primed to win it all. Ayon and the rest of the Mexican national basketball team are expected to give their all on the floor in what could be a very exciting and action-packed finale in Caracas, Venezuela.
But before the main event, Argentina and Dominican Republic will contest for the bronze medal in the tourney at 5:30.
Live Streaming Information (Manila/ Perth Time)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics, Swimming Schedule & Results
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- Travel at Own Risk; Emirates, Qantas Differ on Flying over Iraq Warzone; Emirates Reroutes, Qantas Pushes On
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal