England welcome Australia to Edgbaston in the third game of the five-match ODI series on Wednesday. The home side are keen on a win that will help them level the contest, following the visitors' 88-run victory in the previous clash.
Where to Watch Live
The match starts at 2pm BST, with Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports HD 1 providing live coverage in the UK.
Second Match Review
After the first game at Leeds was washed out, the Aussies enjoyed a comfortable win at Old Trafford on Sunday, courtesy of some impressive batting by captain Michael Clarke and vice-captain George Bailey. Clarke smashed his eighth ODI century (105), while Bailey provided the acceleration (82 from 67) to help the team post a total of 315/7, after Aaron Finch (45) and Shane Watson (38) offered them a strong start. Only Boyd Rankin (2 for 49) managed to finish with respectable figures in the hosts' bowling line-up.
England, in response, struggled at 105/5, despite Kevin Pietersen (60) shining in an unusual opening role. Captain Eoin Morgan (54) and Jos Buttler (75 from 65) tried to resurrect the innings but it was too little too late as the home side were bowled out for 227 in the 45th over. Mitchell Johnson (2 for 36) wreaked havoc in his opening spell, dismissing Michael Carberry and Jonathan Trott in successive balls, while Clint McKay (3 for 47) was also rewarded well.
- Last Five Matches (most recent first): L W L W W
- Last Result: lost to Australia by 88 runs
- Last Five Matches (most recent first): W W L L W
- Last Result: beat England by 88 runs
The pitch in Edgbaston is now a slow, dry surface that assists spinners, just as we witnessed in the summer's Champions Trophy. However, the bad news is forecast expects some rain in the evening.
England: Joe Root could be given a breather, with Sussex all-rounder Chris Jordan coming in to the side.
- Probable Line-up: Pietersen, Carberry, Trott, Morgan (c), Bopara, Buttler (wk), Stokes, Jordan, Tredwell, Finn, Rankin
Australia: It appears Darren Lehmann's team is starting to come together and it's likely that the visitors will opt for an unchanged side.
- Probable Line-up: Marsh, Finch, Watson, Clarke (c), Bailey, Voges, Wade (wk), Faulkner, Johnson, McKay, Ahmed
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- KamaSutra Miss Maxim 2014 Grand Finale: Swapnila Gupta Wins Title; Models Walk the Ramp [PHOTOS]
- Paul Walker On Parkour, Stalkers, Sea Life, And Sharks [PHOTOS/ VIDEOS]
- Paul Walker Death: Antonio Holmes Eyewitness the Porsche Burst Into Flames [PHOTOS/ VIDEOS]
- A Tribute To Great Actor Paul Walker: Best Quotes From 'Fast And Furious' Films [PHOTOS/ VIDEOS]