Novak Djokovic Loses to Rafael Nadal at the 2013 U.S. Open Men’s Finals, Talks Marriage with Girlfriend Jelena Ristic
By Rachelle Corpuz | September 10, 2013 2:22 PM EST
Novak Djokovic lost to Rafael Nadal in the recently concluded 2013 U.S Open Men's Finals. The former dominated all the four sets of the match held in the Arthur Ashe Stadium, with scores of with 6-2, 3-6, 6-4 and 6-1. Nadal's win is his 13th Grand Slam title.
However, Djokovic's loss to Nadal is not something that would let his spirits down. Djokovic has remained one of the strongest tennis players in the whole world. Currently, he is recognised World No 1. Another plus point for him is his relationship with long-time girlfriend Jelena Ristic is going strong.
The two have been together for quite some time now, eight years to be exact. Their relationship have probably been tested through time, but they are not ready yet to take their romantic relationship to the next level. However, both of them have talked about marriage.
"We love each other very much. We have been together for eight years and we hope to spend our future together. We give each other support, which helps us in our own professional careers," Novak said in an interview with Tennis Earth.
Ristic, was also quoted once by Tennis Earth, as saying, "Novak and I talked about marriage and wedding. It is natural. Our feelings of admiration toward each other will lead us to it. We talked about having kids and I am sure that our children will get exceptional genes from both sides since my mother used to be an Olympic Champion as well. I am just so proud of him."
Ristic is the director of Novak's charity institution. She has always remained by his side, going to his games and managing his institution. Altogether, Ristic plays a major role in Novak's life and career. With the 2013 U.S. Open over, who knows, maybe they will marry and tie the knot.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage