Novak Djokovic Loses to Rafael Nadal at the 2013 U.S. Open Men’s Finals, Talks Marriage with Girlfriend Jelena Ristic
By Rachelle Corpuz | September 10, 2013 2:22 PM EST
Novak Djokovic lost to Rafael Nadal in the recently concluded 2013 U.S Open Men's Finals. The former dominated all the four sets of the match held in the Arthur Ashe Stadium, with scores of with 6-2, 3-6, 6-4 and 6-1. Nadal's win is his 13th Grand Slam title.
However, Djokovic's loss to Nadal is not something that would let his spirits down. Djokovic has remained one of the strongest tennis players in the whole world. Currently, he is recognised World No 1. Another plus point for him is his relationship with long-time girlfriend Jelena Ristic is going strong.
The two have been together for quite some time now, eight years to be exact. Their relationship have probably been tested through time, but they are not ready yet to take their romantic relationship to the next level. However, both of them have talked about marriage.
"We love each other very much. We have been together for eight years and we hope to spend our future together. We give each other support, which helps us in our own professional careers," Novak said in an interview with Tennis Earth.
Ristic, was also quoted once by Tennis Earth, as saying, "Novak and I talked about marriage and wedding. It is natural. Our feelings of admiration toward each other will lead us to it. We talked about having kids and I am sure that our children will get exceptional genes from both sides since my mother used to be an Olympic Champion as well. I am just so proud of him."
Ristic is the director of Novak's charity institution. She has always remained by his side, going to his games and managing his institution. Altogether, Ristic plays a major role in Novak's life and career. With the 2013 U.S. Open over, who knows, maybe they will marry and tie the knot.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories