Novak Djokovic Loses to Rafael Nadal at the 2013 U.S. Open Men’s Finals, Talks Marriage with Girlfriend Jelena Ristic
By Rachelle Corpuz | September 10, 2013 2:22 PM EST
Novak Djokovic lost to Rafael Nadal in the recently concluded 2013 U.S Open Men's Finals. The former dominated all the four sets of the match held in the Arthur Ashe Stadium, with scores of with 6-2, 3-6, 6-4 and 6-1. Nadal's win is his 13th Grand Slam title.
However, Djokovic's loss to Nadal is not something that would let his spirits down. Djokovic has remained one of the strongest tennis players in the whole world. Currently, he is recognised World No 1. Another plus point for him is his relationship with long-time girlfriend Jelena Ristic is going strong.
The two have been together for quite some time now, eight years to be exact. Their relationship have probably been tested through time, but they are not ready yet to take their romantic relationship to the next level. However, both of them have talked about marriage.
"We love each other very much. We have been together for eight years and we hope to spend our future together. We give each other support, which helps us in our own professional careers," Novak said in an interview with Tennis Earth.
Ristic, was also quoted once by Tennis Earth, as saying, "Novak and I talked about marriage and wedding. It is natural. Our feelings of admiration toward each other will lead us to it. We talked about having kids and I am sure that our children will get exceptional genes from both sides since my mother used to be an Olympic Champion as well. I am just so proud of him."
Ristic is the director of Novak's charity institution. She has always remained by his side, going to his games and managing his institution. Altogether, Ristic plays a major role in Novak's life and career. With the 2013 U.S. Open over, who knows, maybe they will marry and tie the knot.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics Schedule & Results
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6