Novak Djokovic Loses to Rafael Nadal at the 2013 U.S. Open Men’s Finals, Talks Marriage with Girlfriend Jelena Ristic
By Rachelle Corpuz | September 10, 2013 2:22 PM EST
Novak Djokovic lost to Rafael Nadal in the recently concluded 2013 U.S Open Men's Finals. The former dominated all the four sets of the match held in the Arthur Ashe Stadium, with scores of with 6-2, 3-6, 6-4 and 6-1. Nadal's win is his 13th Grand Slam title.
However, Djokovic's loss to Nadal is not something that would let his spirits down. Djokovic has remained one of the strongest tennis players in the whole world. Currently, he is recognised World No 1. Another plus point for him is his relationship with long-time girlfriend Jelena Ristic is going strong.
The two have been together for quite some time now, eight years to be exact. Their relationship have probably been tested through time, but they are not ready yet to take their romantic relationship to the next level. However, both of them have talked about marriage.
"We love each other very much. We have been together for eight years and we hope to spend our future together. We give each other support, which helps us in our own professional careers," Novak said in an interview with Tennis Earth.
Ristic, was also quoted once by Tennis Earth, as saying, "Novak and I talked about marriage and wedding. It is natural. Our feelings of admiration toward each other will lead us to it. We talked about having kids and I am sure that our children will get exceptional genes from both sides since my mother used to be an Olympic Champion as well. I am just so proud of him."
Ristic is the director of Novak's charity institution. She has always remained by his side, going to his games and managing his institution. Altogether, Ristic plays a major role in Novak's life and career. With the 2013 U.S. Open over, who knows, maybe they will marry and tie the knot.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- Arsenal FC: Wenger Satisfied Despite Coming Out with a Draw against Besiktas
- Roger Federer Dedicates 80th Career Title For His Kids
- Serena Williams and Rumoured Boyfriend Patrick Mouratoglou Spotted on a Date in NYC
- Trading Jeremy Lin Was A Huge Mistake For Houston Rockets
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Mehdi Benatia and Alex Song in the Mix as Wenger Looks to 'Strengthen Defensive Department'
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015