Novak Djokovic Loses to Rafael Nadal at the 2013 U.S. Open Men’s Finals, Talks Marriage with Girlfriend Jelena Ristic
By Rachelle Corpuz | September 10, 2013 2:22 PM EST
Novak Djokovic lost to Rafael Nadal in the recently concluded 2013 U.S Open Men's Finals. The former dominated all the four sets of the match held in the Arthur Ashe Stadium, with scores of with 6-2, 3-6, 6-4 and 6-1. Nadal's win is his 13th Grand Slam title.
However, Djokovic's loss to Nadal is not something that would let his spirits down. Djokovic has remained one of the strongest tennis players in the whole world. Currently, he is recognised World No 1. Another plus point for him is his relationship with long-time girlfriend Jelena Ristic is going strong.
The two have been together for quite some time now, eight years to be exact. Their relationship have probably been tested through time, but they are not ready yet to take their romantic relationship to the next level. However, both of them have talked about marriage.
"We love each other very much. We have been together for eight years and we hope to spend our future together. We give each other support, which helps us in our own professional careers," Novak said in an interview with Tennis Earth.
Ristic, was also quoted once by Tennis Earth, as saying, "Novak and I talked about marriage and wedding. It is natural. Our feelings of admiration toward each other will lead us to it. We talked about having kids and I am sure that our children will get exceptional genes from both sides since my mother used to be an Olympic Champion as well. I am just so proud of him."
Ristic is the director of Novak's charity institution. She has always remained by his side, going to his games and managing his institution. Altogether, Ristic plays a major role in Novak's life and career. With the 2013 U.S. Open over, who knows, maybe they will marry and tie the knot.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date