Ashton Kutcher Still The Highest Paid TV Actor In Two Consecutive Years
By Riza Ornos | September 10, 2013 1:58 PM EST
Ashton Kutcher is still the reigning king in US television according to the annual roundup of TV Guide magazine. The "Two and a Half" star is America's highest paid actor, raking $750,000 per episode for the second consecutive year.
According to Forbes annual list, Kutcher pulled in an estimated $24 million between May 2011 and May 2012, plus his earnings from TV commercials and his early investments in thriving online businesses such as Spotify, Airbnb and Skype. All these online investments are now worth $1 billion, according to Forbes which makes Ashton the top earner of the show.
But even with these figures, the "Jobs" star is still earning less compared to Sheen's $1.2 million per episode at the height of his time in "Two in a Half Man". The former lead of the show did not even manage to make it in the top ten this year after his return to the small screen in FX's "Anger Management".
Co-star Jon Cryer, the veteran of the show earns $650,000 per episode and "NCIS" star Mark Harmon who earns $525,000 per episode makes him the highest paid actor in drama series and third highest in television. Both shows are under CBS which makes this network the place to be if you want to earn more, and the network to work for.
Mariska Hargitay is the first woman to make an appearance in the ranking in her hit show "Law & Order SVU" as she brings home the bacon for a whooping $400,000 per episode. She is followed by a string of stars each earning $350,000 per episode: Patrick Dempsey, Ellen Pompeo and Sandra Oh of "Grey's Anatomy"; Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco and Johny Galecki of the "Big Bang Theory"; and "The Mentalist" star Simon Baker.
Michael C. Hall is the highest paid actor on cable TV with $300,000 per episode. The voices behind "The Simpsons" are earning the same compensation which makes Dan Castellaneta as Homer, Julie Kavner as Marge and Yeardley Smith as Lisa cable's highest paid actors for voice-overs.
"True Blood" stars Alexander Skarsgard, Ana Paquin and Stephen Moyer are earning $275,000 per epsiode the same with "Mad Men" star Jon Hamm. The "Bones" star David Boreanaz and Emily Deschabel are next to the list together with Micheal Weatherly of "NCIS" with $250,000 per episode.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 26, 2014: Past Mistakes, Betrayals And Confrontations In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?