Ashton Kutcher Still The Highest Paid TV Actor In Two Consecutive Years
By Riza Ornos | September 10, 2013 1:58 PM EST
Ashton Kutcher is still the reigning king in US television according to the annual roundup of TV Guide magazine. The "Two and a Half" star is America's highest paid actor, raking $750,000 per episode for the second consecutive year.
According to Forbes annual list, Kutcher pulled in an estimated $24 million between May 2011 and May 2012, plus his earnings from TV commercials and his early investments in thriving online businesses such as Spotify, Airbnb and Skype. All these online investments are now worth $1 billion, according to Forbes which makes Ashton the top earner of the show.
But even with these figures, the "Jobs" star is still earning less compared to Sheen's $1.2 million per episode at the height of his time in "Two in a Half Man". The former lead of the show did not even manage to make it in the top ten this year after his return to the small screen in FX's "Anger Management".
Co-star Jon Cryer, the veteran of the show earns $650,000 per episode and "NCIS" star Mark Harmon who earns $525,000 per episode makes him the highest paid actor in drama series and third highest in television. Both shows are under CBS which makes this network the place to be if you want to earn more, and the network to work for.
Mariska Hargitay is the first woman to make an appearance in the ranking in her hit show "Law & Order SVU" as she brings home the bacon for a whooping $400,000 per episode. She is followed by a string of stars each earning $350,000 per episode: Patrick Dempsey, Ellen Pompeo and Sandra Oh of "Grey's Anatomy"; Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco and Johny Galecki of the "Big Bang Theory"; and "The Mentalist" star Simon Baker.
Michael C. Hall is the highest paid actor on cable TV with $300,000 per episode. The voices behind "The Simpsons" are earning the same compensation which makes Dan Castellaneta as Homer, Julie Kavner as Marge and Yeardley Smith as Lisa cable's highest paid actors for voice-overs.
"True Blood" stars Alexander Skarsgard, Ana Paquin and Stephen Moyer are earning $275,000 per epsiode the same with "Mad Men" star Jon Hamm. The "Bones" star David Boreanaz and Emily Deschabel are next to the list together with Micheal Weatherly of "NCIS" with $250,000 per episode.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown