Ashton Kutcher Still The Highest Paid TV Actor In Two Consecutive Years
By Riza Ornos | September 10, 2013 1:58 PM EST
Ashton Kutcher is still the reigning king in US television according to the annual roundup of TV Guide magazine. The "Two and a Half" star is America's highest paid actor, raking $750,000 per episode for the second consecutive year.
According to Forbes annual list, Kutcher pulled in an estimated $24 million between May 2011 and May 2012, plus his earnings from TV commercials and his early investments in thriving online businesses such as Spotify, Airbnb and Skype. All these online investments are now worth $1 billion, according to Forbes which makes Ashton the top earner of the show.
But even with these figures, the "Jobs" star is still earning less compared to Sheen's $1.2 million per episode at the height of his time in "Two in a Half Man". The former lead of the show did not even manage to make it in the top ten this year after his return to the small screen in FX's "Anger Management".
Co-star Jon Cryer, the veteran of the show earns $650,000 per episode and "NCIS" star Mark Harmon who earns $525,000 per episode makes him the highest paid actor in drama series and third highest in television. Both shows are under CBS which makes this network the place to be if you want to earn more, and the network to work for.
Mariska Hargitay is the first woman to make an appearance in the ranking in her hit show "Law & Order SVU" as she brings home the bacon for a whooping $400,000 per episode. She is followed by a string of stars each earning $350,000 per episode: Patrick Dempsey, Ellen Pompeo and Sandra Oh of "Grey's Anatomy"; Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco and Johny Galecki of the "Big Bang Theory"; and "The Mentalist" star Simon Baker.
Michael C. Hall is the highest paid actor on cable TV with $300,000 per episode. The voices behind "The Simpsons" are earning the same compensation which makes Dan Castellaneta as Homer, Julie Kavner as Marge and Yeardley Smith as Lisa cable's highest paid actors for voice-overs.
"True Blood" stars Alexander Skarsgard, Ana Paquin and Stephen Moyer are earning $275,000 per epsiode the same with "Mad Men" star Jon Hamm. The "Bones" star David Boreanaz and Emily Deschabel are next to the list together with Micheal Weatherly of "NCIS" with $250,000 per episode.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports