Ashton Kutcher Still The Highest Paid TV Actor In Two Consecutive Years
By Riza Ornos | September 10, 2013 1:58 PM EST
Ashton Kutcher is still the reigning king in US television according to the annual roundup of TV Guide magazine. The "Two and a Half" star is America's highest paid actor, raking $750,000 per episode for the second consecutive year.
According to Forbes annual list, Kutcher pulled in an estimated $24 million between May 2011 and May 2012, plus his earnings from TV commercials and his early investments in thriving online businesses such as Spotify, Airbnb and Skype. All these online investments are now worth $1 billion, according to Forbes which makes Ashton the top earner of the show.
But even with these figures, the "Jobs" star is still earning less compared to Sheen's $1.2 million per episode at the height of his time in "Two in a Half Man". The former lead of the show did not even manage to make it in the top ten this year after his return to the small screen in FX's "Anger Management".
Co-star Jon Cryer, the veteran of the show earns $650,000 per episode and "NCIS" star Mark Harmon who earns $525,000 per episode makes him the highest paid actor in drama series and third highest in television. Both shows are under CBS which makes this network the place to be if you want to earn more, and the network to work for.
Mariska Hargitay is the first woman to make an appearance in the ranking in her hit show "Law & Order SVU" as she brings home the bacon for a whooping $400,000 per episode. She is followed by a string of stars each earning $350,000 per episode: Patrick Dempsey, Ellen Pompeo and Sandra Oh of "Grey's Anatomy"; Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco and Johny Galecki of the "Big Bang Theory"; and "The Mentalist" star Simon Baker.
Michael C. Hall is the highest paid actor on cable TV with $300,000 per episode. The voices behind "The Simpsons" are earning the same compensation which makes Dan Castellaneta as Homer, Julie Kavner as Marge and Yeardley Smith as Lisa cable's highest paid actors for voice-overs.
"True Blood" stars Alexander Skarsgard, Ana Paquin and Stephen Moyer are earning $275,000 per epsiode the same with "Mad Men" star Jon Hamm. The "Bones" star David Boreanaz and Emily Deschabel are next to the list together with Micheal Weatherly of "NCIS" with $250,000 per episode.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around