Ashton Kutcher Still The Highest Paid TV Actor In Two Consecutive Years
By Riza Ornos | September 10, 2013 1:58 PM EST
Ashton Kutcher is still the reigning king in US television according to the annual roundup of TV Guide magazine. The "Two and a Half" star is America's highest paid actor, raking $750,000 per episode for the second consecutive year.
According to Forbes annual list, Kutcher pulled in an estimated $24 million between May 2011 and May 2012, plus his earnings from TV commercials and his early investments in thriving online businesses such as Spotify, Airbnb and Skype. All these online investments are now worth $1 billion, according to Forbes which makes Ashton the top earner of the show.
But even with these figures, the "Jobs" star is still earning less compared to Sheen's $1.2 million per episode at the height of his time in "Two in a Half Man". The former lead of the show did not even manage to make it in the top ten this year after his return to the small screen in FX's "Anger Management".
Co-star Jon Cryer, the veteran of the show earns $650,000 per episode and "NCIS" star Mark Harmon who earns $525,000 per episode makes him the highest paid actor in drama series and third highest in television. Both shows are under CBS which makes this network the place to be if you want to earn more, and the network to work for.
Mariska Hargitay is the first woman to make an appearance in the ranking in her hit show "Law & Order SVU" as she brings home the bacon for a whooping $400,000 per episode. She is followed by a string of stars each earning $350,000 per episode: Patrick Dempsey, Ellen Pompeo and Sandra Oh of "Grey's Anatomy"; Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco and Johny Galecki of the "Big Bang Theory"; and "The Mentalist" star Simon Baker.
Michael C. Hall is the highest paid actor on cable TV with $300,000 per episode. The voices behind "The Simpsons" are earning the same compensation which makes Dan Castellaneta as Homer, Julie Kavner as Marge and Yeardley Smith as Lisa cable's highest paid actors for voice-overs.
"True Blood" stars Alexander Skarsgard, Ana Paquin and Stephen Moyer are earning $275,000 per epsiode the same with "Mad Men" star Jon Hamm. The "Bones" star David Boreanaz and Emily Deschabel are next to the list together with Micheal Weatherly of "NCIS" with $250,000 per episode.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools