Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin with Hakeem Olajuwon’s Dream Shake?
By James Patrick Quizon | September 10, 2013 12:51 PM EST
Ever imagined Hakeem Olajuwon's Dream Shake being used by NBA stars Kevin Durant and Blake Griffin?
The affable Hall-of-Famer of Houston Rockets fame said in a recent exclusive interview with nicekicks that he wants to see NBA forwards Kevin Durant from Oklahoma City and Blake Griffin from Los Angeles Clippers with an improved post game and that both can benefit under his tutelage.
“He’s very skilled, but doesn’t take advantage of his height in the post” said “The Dream” of the Thunder’s franchise player.
“He’s much taller than most of the guys who guard him. He’s got all the outside game, but now he needs to take them in the post.”
In the same interview, he also mentioned that the other player who needs to improve his post-play is Blake Griffin.
Despite being retired since 2002, Olajuwon has making his mark in the league by being a private instructor during the season. His students include the likes of LeBron James, Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard among many others.
Here are the Dream’s seven-plus minute highlights (Credit: bryant362 of youtube) during his time in the NBA. This includes some dream shakes obviously.
Considered a basketball legend, Olajuwon was elected to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2008. He won NBA championships with the Rockets in 1994 and 1995 and one of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History (1996). Olajuwon had a fruitful 18-year NBA career with averages of 21.8 points and 11.8 rebounds per game.
Durant averaged 26.6 points per game in six years in the NBA while Griffin averaged 20.4 markers in three years in the league.
According to basketball-reference.com, Durant shot 73.8 per cent from shots at or near the rim, and 46.5 per cent from shots within 3 to 10 feet. Griffin shot 76.6 at or near the rim and 46.6 per cent within 3 to 10 feet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Best Black Friday 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More