Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin with Hakeem Olajuwon’s Dream Shake?
By James Patrick Quizon | September 10, 2013 12:51 PM EST
Ever imagined Hakeem Olajuwon's Dream Shake being used by NBA stars Kevin Durant and Blake Griffin?
The affable Hall-of-Famer of Houston Rockets fame said in a recent exclusive interview with nicekicks that he wants to see NBA forwards Kevin Durant from Oklahoma City and Blake Griffin from Los Angeles Clippers with an improved post game and that both can benefit under his tutelage.
“He’s very skilled, but doesn’t take advantage of his height in the post” said “The Dream” of the Thunder’s franchise player.
“He’s much taller than most of the guys who guard him. He’s got all the outside game, but now he needs to take them in the post.”
In the same interview, he also mentioned that the other player who needs to improve his post-play is Blake Griffin.
Despite being retired since 2002, Olajuwon has making his mark in the league by being a private instructor during the season. His students include the likes of LeBron James, Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard among many others.
Here are the Dream’s seven-plus minute highlights (Credit: bryant362 of youtube) during his time in the NBA. This includes some dream shakes obviously.
Considered a basketball legend, Olajuwon was elected to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2008. He won NBA championships with the Rockets in 1994 and 1995 and one of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History (1996). Olajuwon had a fruitful 18-year NBA career with averages of 21.8 points and 11.8 rebounds per game.
Durant averaged 26.6 points per game in six years in the NBA while Griffin averaged 20.4 markers in three years in the league.
According to basketball-reference.com, Durant shot 73.8 per cent from shots at or near the rim, and 46.5 per cent from shots within 3 to 10 feet. Griffin shot 76.6 at or near the rim and 46.6 per cent within 3 to 10 feet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation