Kevin Durant, Blake Griffin with Hakeem Olajuwon’s Dream Shake?
By James Patrick Quizon | September 10, 2013 12:51 PM EST
Ever imagined Hakeem Olajuwon's Dream Shake being used by NBA stars Kevin Durant and Blake Griffin?
The affable Hall-of-Famer of Houston Rockets fame said in a recent exclusive interview with nicekicks that he wants to see NBA forwards Kevin Durant from Oklahoma City and Blake Griffin from Los Angeles Clippers with an improved post game and that both can benefit under his tutelage.
“He’s very skilled, but doesn’t take advantage of his height in the post” said “The Dream” of the Thunder’s franchise player.
“He’s much taller than most of the guys who guard him. He’s got all the outside game, but now he needs to take them in the post.”
In the same interview, he also mentioned that the other player who needs to improve his post-play is Blake Griffin.
Despite being retired since 2002, Olajuwon has making his mark in the league by being a private instructor during the season. His students include the likes of LeBron James, Kobe Bryant and Dwight Howard among many others.
Here are the Dream’s seven-plus minute highlights (Credit: bryant362 of youtube) during his time in the NBA. This includes some dream shakes obviously.
Considered a basketball legend, Olajuwon was elected to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2008. He won NBA championships with the Rockets in 1994 and 1995 and one of the 50 Greatest Players in NBA History (1996). Olajuwon had a fruitful 18-year NBA career with averages of 21.8 points and 11.8 rebounds per game.
Durant averaged 26.6 points per game in six years in the NBA while Griffin averaged 20.4 markers in three years in the league.
According to basketball-reference.com, Durant shot 73.8 per cent from shots at or near the rim, and 46.5 per cent from shots within 3 to 10 feet. Griffin shot 76.6 at or near the rim and 46.6 per cent within 3 to 10 feet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health