Beasley Back to Miami? Other Teams Might Want to Take a Crack Too
By James Patrick Quizon | September 9, 2013 9:20 AM EST
Just last Wednesday Michael Beasley was released by the Phoenix Suns mainly because of his controversial past. This includes one incident as recent as August of 2013 when he was arrested in Arizona for charges of felony marijuana possession and possession of drug paraphernalia.
According to reports, the Miami Heat are showing interest in Beasley, who was the franchise’s #2 pick in the 2008 NBA Draft. Apparently, league sources told Wojnarowski that several of the Heat’s players are backing the return of Beasley to the Florida franchise.
Can general manager Pat Riley and head coach Erik Spoelstra control the volatile Beasley? Can veterans LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh mentor Beasley to becoming a serviceable player once again? Can the winning culture at Miami, the back-to-back NBA champions, change Beasley’s attitude problems?
While the Heat may have the inside track in the unlikely race for the services of the troubled forward, here’s a look at probs with other teams might be a great fit for Beasley:
San Antonio Spurs – Beasley will be mentored by the no other than Tim Duncan. Similar to Miami, the winning culture in Texas will help Beasley refocus.
Chicago Bulls – The Bulls need scoring from their bench and Beasley can provide that. Also, if Chicago gets Beasley, they’ll have the #1 (Rose) and #2 pick from the 2008 NBA Draft.
Oklahoma City Thunder – No more James Harden and no more Kevin Martin. Same with the Bulls they need a scoring punch from the bench.
Los Angeles Lakers – Why not? He won’t help their defense but will add another offensive weapon and a team led by Mike D’Antoni can’t have too much offense.
Houston Rockets – They already have Royce White who does not want to travel by plane. Beasley can teach him a thing or two about getting high.
A quick note to all Beasley suitors: Super Cool Beas acquisition has baggage included.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Rafael Nadal’s Retirement Plan Includes Becoming Pro Poker Player; Spaniard To Unveil New Serve at US Open
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29
- BlackBerry Passport Video Leak, Release Date, Five Fresh Features to Anticipate [Watch YouTube Clip] --Reports