"Saw" Director James Wan Talks About His Latest Movie "Insidious: Chapter 2"
By Riza Ornos | September 6, 2013 6:31 PM EST
Saw director, James Wan, is set to release his new sequel to the movie "Insidious."
Recasting Patrick Wilson and Rose Byrne for their previous roles as Josh and Renai Lambert, "Insidious: Chapter 2" is James Wan's attempt to follow up the story of his previous film and to continue the direction that he wanted with new scary plots and a fresh take on the film.
When asked about his new sequel, James Wan answered, "The flack I got for Saw is why I wanted to direct Insidious 2. I didn't direct any of the Saw sequels, but people thought I did. When Insidious 2 came along, I said, "If anyone's going to f*ck up my franchise, it might as well be me." The Saw sequels went in a direction I wouldn't have gone in. With Insidious 2, I wanted to push a potential franchise in the direction I thought it should go in.
The plot of "Insidious: Chapter 2" offers a new twist from the classic haunted house genre and this new one is treading into a domestic thriller but with a pervasive supernatural undertone. It also deals with the element of time travelling when Josh have to go to "The Further" and get his son Dalton who got lost in there.
But the real question is, did Josh really come back from "The Further" as Josh? Chapter 2 deals with a new demon, a creepy old woman who stalked Josh when he astral projected as a young boy and uses his body as a vessel to come out of "The Further".
With this new twist, the new sequel is a definite hit and when asked why his film is more effective than others, he concluded, "For me, you know, it's not necessarily seeing the scariest monster in the room that makes it scary. It's a character waking up in the middle of the night and he or she thinks there's someone standing by the foot of their bed watching them sleep."
Now "Insidious" fans are just going to wait for a few days before they can asses which one is the scariest. For the meantime, James Wan is busy filming the "Fast and Furious 7".
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
- Men’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 – Wawrinka, Nadal, Djokovic, and Cilic
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List
- Pope Francis Blasted For Defying Catholic Doctrine, Marries 20 Couples Who Have Cohabited And Had Children In No Else But St Peter's Basilica