Andrew Bynum Still a Bum? Exact Date of Return Still Unknown
By James Patrick Quizon | September 6, 2013 2:57 PM EST
New Cleveland Cavaliers center Andrew Bynum is positive about his return to court in the 2013-14 season but is still unsure of the return schedule.
"I'm optimistic I'm where I should be. Obviously, I want to be playing. But I'm taking baby steps, doing what the team and the doctors tell me. I'm doing my part. I come to work every day. I'm moving in the right direction,” said Bynum in an interview with The Plain Dealer.
Bynum was selected by the Los Angeles Lakers with the 10th overall pick in the 2005 NBA Draft. He was traded to the Philadelphia 76ers in 2012 as part of the Dwight Howard megadeal that involved a total of four teams.
However, Bynum never played a single game for the Sixers, missing the entire 2012-13 season with knee injuries. Bynum is a two-time NBA champion with the Lakers, where he averaged career-highs of 18.7 points and 11.8 rebounds in his final season in L.A.
According to the same The Plain Dealer report, Bynum has not been cleared of full-court basketball but is already doing drills with the team’s development staff.
"I moved here a week after the press conference, I've been here ever since -- day in and day out just working,'' he said, referring to the team's practice facility. I'm there, focused. I'm doing everything I can do to get back. That's what all this is all about for me right now. I just want to play,” said Bynum.
Bynum signed a 2-year $24M contract with the Cavaliers in the off-season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- ESPN Anchor Skip Bayless Says Floyd Mayweather Jr Will Not Fight Manny Pacquiao Because Undefeated Fighter Is ‘Afraid To Lose’
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Chelsea FC: Jose Mourinho Hits Back At Sergio Ramos For Questioning Costa And Fabregas Absence From NT, Says 'He is Not A Doctor'
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change