Andrew Bynum Still a Bum? Exact Date of Return Still Unknown
By James Patrick Quizon | September 6, 2013 2:57 PM EST
New Cleveland Cavaliers center Andrew Bynum is positive about his return to court in the 2013-14 season but is still unsure of the return schedule.
"I'm optimistic I'm where I should be. Obviously, I want to be playing. But I'm taking baby steps, doing what the team and the doctors tell me. I'm doing my part. I come to work every day. I'm moving in the right direction,” said Bynum in an interview with The Plain Dealer.
Bynum was selected by the Los Angeles Lakers with the 10th overall pick in the 2005 NBA Draft. He was traded to the Philadelphia 76ers in 2012 as part of the Dwight Howard megadeal that involved a total of four teams.
However, Bynum never played a single game for the Sixers, missing the entire 2012-13 season with knee injuries. Bynum is a two-time NBA champion with the Lakers, where he averaged career-highs of 18.7 points and 11.8 rebounds in his final season in L.A.
According to the same The Plain Dealer report, Bynum has not been cleared of full-court basketball but is already doing drills with the team’s development staff.
"I moved here a week after the press conference, I've been here ever since -- day in and day out just working,'' he said, referring to the team's practice facility. I'm there, focused. I'm doing everything I can do to get back. That's what all this is all about for me right now. I just want to play,” said Bynum.
Bynum signed a 2-year $24M contract with the Cavaliers in the off-season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS