‘The Big Bang Theory’ Actors: Johnny Galecki’s New Role, Kaley Cuoco on ‘Project Runaway’
By Anshu Shrivastava | September 5, 2013 5:47 PM EST
CBS's "The Big Bang Theory" will be returning later this September for its seventh season. The actors of this hugely popular sitcom are exploring new roles and opportunities. Johnny Galecki, who plays the role of Leonard, is donning the hat of executive-producer for a multi-camera comedy on Fox.
The Hollywood Reporter reports that the actor, 38, has teamed-up with chief of ABC Entertainment, Stephen McPherson, to executive-produce "Here's Your Damn Family." Produced by Warner Bros and written by Ricky Blitt, this upcoming multi-cam comedy is about a 30 something man who lives with his mother. The character's perfect life is turned upside-down when his mother marries and her new husband moves in their house, with his three teenage children.
This is not the first time that one of "The Big Bang Theory" actors has taken-up the role of executive producer. Last year in August, The Hollywood Reporter reported that John Ross Bowie, who plays the role of Kripke, and Kevin Sussman, who plays the role of Stuart, were asked to co-executive produce "The Second Coming of Rob" by CBS.
Kaley Cuoco, who plays the role of Penny in the "The Big Bang Theory," made an appearance on "Project Runway" Season 7 as a guest judge. She was the co-guest judge along with Anne Fulenwider, editor-in-chief at Marie Claire, for Episode 7, "Shoes First!" The episode was about shoes.
"I'm thrilled to be here as a judge on Project Runway," Cuocu said, as quoted by Entertainment Weekly. "It's one of my favorite shows. It's wild to watch it for so many years and then go into the actual room and see the runway. It's crazy."
The Wrap had earlier reported that Kaley, who plays the character of Penny in "The Big Bang Theory," was in talks to join Kevin Hart and Josh Gad in an untitled comedy, which Jeremy Garelick is expected to direct for Screen Gems and Miramax.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date