FIBA Eurobasket Live Streaming Day 2 - Great Britain vs France, Lithuania vs Macedonia: Online Streaming, Preview, Scenario and Results
By Jonar Sabilano | September 5, 2013 4:05 PM EST
The first day of FIBA Eurobasket 2013 was one full of upsets and surprises. Germany outlasted France, 80-74; Finland pulled off a 61-55 shocker against Turkey; and Latvia upended Bosnia and Herzegovina to the tune of 86-75.
Thursday's group games should be no different as all 24 teams return to action. Here are the Group A and Group B games that you should not miss:
Group A: Great Britain vs France (3:00 a.m Manila/Perth Time) - FIBA EuroBasket Boxscores & Stats Information of every EuroBasket Game
Great Britain is coming off a 75-71 squeaker against Israel, while France tries to regroup after a shock loss to a German team with just two NBA players. France is out for revalidation as they were not expected to struggle early in the tournament, owing to their deep lineup; their cross-Channel rivals Great Britain do not figure to advance far into the tournament as far as rosters alone are considered. The French are expected to rely on their guards and swingmen such as NBA veterans Tony Parker, who scored 18 points in the loss to Germany; and Nicholas Batum.
In contrast, Great Britain will try to push slow the pace of the game down to avoid being caught in the Frenchmen's speed trap and to avoid getting gassed out at the end of the game. They will need to rely heavily on shooting guard Kyle Johnson and power forward Kieron Achara if they want to stand a chance of winning.
OIther Group A Matches: Ukraine vs. Isreal (8:30 p.m) / Germany vs. Belgium (11:45 p.m) - Click Links for streaming
Streaming Now: FIBA Eurobasket Live Streaming Day 3 -Germany vs. Ukraine (8:30 P.M), France vs. Israel (3:00 A.M) Lithuania vs. Latvia (11:30 P.M) Preview, Statistics, Scores & Results: Tony Parker, Jonas Valanciunas Hit Floor
Group B: Lithuania vs F.Y.R. of Macedonia - (3:00 a.m Manila/Perth Time) - FIBA EuroBasket Boxscores & Stats Information of every EuroBasket Game
In a meeting of first-day losers, Lithuania and Macedonia try to bounce back. Lithuania, three years removed from their bronze finish at the World Championships, is at a crossroads after a disappointing Olympic tournament. Minus veteran guards Darius Songaila and Sarunas Jasikevicius, the team from the Baltics turned to Mantas Kalnietis for scoring. Houston Rockets centre Donatas Motiejunas barely made a dent in the game against Serbia, where he played only 3 minutes.
Macedonia is also seeking redemption after being bumped out of the 2012 Olympic qualifier. Against fellow Balkan country Montenegro, they were outscored in a grinding fourth quarter decided only by a couple of free throws. Bo McCalebb will try to atone for a missed layup that could have won the game for his team. Despite the miss, the feisty guard will be heavily relied upon for his scoring and leadership.
Other Group B Matches: Montenegro vs. Latvia (8:30) / Serbia vs. Bosnia and Herzogovina (11:45 a.m)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal Back In Action To Target Novak Djokovic At China Open
- Bruce Jenner Says Lamar Odom Should Follow His Heart If He Wants To Get Back Together With Khloe Kardashian
- Maria Sharapova On Relationship With Grigor Dimitrov: ‘Everything Is Great’; Dimitrov Was Present At Sharapova’s First Round Match In China
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Will Probably Pick Between Amir Khan Or Manny Pacquiao For Next Fight According to Uncle Jeff
- Green Bay Packers Vs. Chicago Bears Live Streaming Info And Preview
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate