Lamar Odom’s Teammates Reach Out to Khloe Kardashian’s Husband; Why They Feel for Troubled Player [VIDEO]
By Floyd Allen | September 5, 2013 10:26 AM EST
Before Lamar Odom has gone to drug binge and repeatedly went missing in recent weeks, he has had a promising career. His teammates at the NBA know what Khloe Kardashian’s husband can do with his hands in the court. They are the first to feel for the leftie during his “dark days.”
Khloe’s husband may be having a hard time to get out from the alleged drug mess that began approximately 3 years ago and the cheating scandal that has been rocking his marriage in recent months.
But before things have turned for the worst, the Queens native was what every player at the NBA has always looked up to --- for being a leader and the way he sets the game in the court. The man of the hour has had his days in court as he played major roles in winning back to back NBA championships from 2009 to 2010.
Knowing the troubles Lamar is going through following the cheating scandal and his recent DUI arrest (suspected with both alcohol and drugs), Lamar’s friends and colleagues opened up about him and expressed support for the troubled NBA star.
"It's unfortunate. A couple of us have reached out to him and haven't heard back. That's just a sign of him going through some tough times," Jordan Farmar was quoted as saying in a commentary written by Dave McMenamin for ESPN L.A.
Josh Powell, for his part, called on to Lamar’s friends and family he referred to as “people that are part of his circle” to support Lamar in any possible way they could.
"It's just really sad, man. You just want to wish the best for him. You want for the people that are part of his circle, you would hope that they are doing any and everything to try to be supportive and try to help him get back to being that old Lamar that everybody is used to seeing," Josh Powell said.
Hang Time Blog noted that “with promising career in limbo, friends, family rally to pull Odom out of spiral.”
Twitter messages poured out to express support for Lamar, especially now that his career is apparently on hold and no clear cut direction has been laid out for him as 15th Season of the NBA draws near.
Lamar is one lucky guy to have a wife like Khloe Kardashian. The former "X-Factor USA" host has kept her love for the Clippers player as clear as the big wedding ring she put back on, based on the latest photos snapped of her. Khloe was photographed flaunting her big wedding ring when she attended Katy Perry’s Labor day party on Monday, Sept. 2.
His wife of 4 years was reportedly ready to forgive the troubled NBA player. Khloe had reportedly kicked Lamar out of their L.A. home for the second time on Aug. 31, following his DUI arrest on Friday, Aug. 30. But Khloe, who earlier tweeted she’s “not made of steel” gave a final and bigger ultimatum to Lamar asking him to seek help and go to rehab.
More Entertainment Features:
Ania Lisewska Wants to Sleep with 100,000 Men Around the World; See How she Plans to Complete her Bizarre Mission [PHOTOS/VIDEO] Full article here.
Kate Upton Named 'Model of the Year'; Sizzling Model to be Presented Honor at 10th Style Awards [PHOTOS] Full article here.
Top 5 Celebrities with Mental Health Disorders: From Amanda Bynes, Catherine Zeta-Jones to Britney Spears [PHOTOS/VIDEOS] Full article here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage