Lamar Odom’s Teammates Reach Out to Khloe Kardashian’s Husband; Why They Feel for Troubled Player [VIDEO]
By Floyd Allen | September 5, 2013 10:26 AM EST
Before Lamar Odom has gone to drug binge and repeatedly went missing in recent weeks, he has had a promising career. His teammates at the NBA know what Khloe Kardashian’s husband can do with his hands in the court. They are the first to feel for the leftie during his “dark days.”
Khloe’s husband may be having a hard time to get out from the alleged drug mess that began approximately 3 years ago and the cheating scandal that has been rocking his marriage in recent months.
But before things have turned for the worst, the Queens native was what every player at the NBA has always looked up to --- for being a leader and the way he sets the game in the court. The man of the hour has had his days in court as he played major roles in winning back to back NBA championships from 2009 to 2010.
Knowing the troubles Lamar is going through following the cheating scandal and his recent DUI arrest (suspected with both alcohol and drugs), Lamar’s friends and colleagues opened up about him and expressed support for the troubled NBA star.
"It's unfortunate. A couple of us have reached out to him and haven't heard back. That's just a sign of him going through some tough times," Jordan Farmar was quoted as saying in a commentary written by Dave McMenamin for ESPN L.A.
Josh Powell, for his part, called on to Lamar’s friends and family he referred to as “people that are part of his circle” to support Lamar in any possible way they could.
"It's just really sad, man. You just want to wish the best for him. You want for the people that are part of his circle, you would hope that they are doing any and everything to try to be supportive and try to help him get back to being that old Lamar that everybody is used to seeing," Josh Powell said.
Hang Time Blog noted that “with promising career in limbo, friends, family rally to pull Odom out of spiral.”
Twitter messages poured out to express support for Lamar, especially now that his career is apparently on hold and no clear cut direction has been laid out for him as 15th Season of the NBA draws near.
Lamar is one lucky guy to have a wife like Khloe Kardashian. The former "X-Factor USA" host has kept her love for the Clippers player as clear as the big wedding ring she put back on, based on the latest photos snapped of her. Khloe was photographed flaunting her big wedding ring when she attended Katy Perry’s Labor day party on Monday, Sept. 2.
His wife of 4 years was reportedly ready to forgive the troubled NBA player. Khloe had reportedly kicked Lamar out of their L.A. home for the second time on Aug. 31, following his DUI arrest on Friday, Aug. 30. But Khloe, who earlier tweeted she’s “not made of steel” gave a final and bigger ultimatum to Lamar asking him to seek help and go to rehab.
More Entertainment Features:
Ania Lisewska Wants to Sleep with 100,000 Men Around the World; See How she Plans to Complete her Bizarre Mission [PHOTOS/VIDEO] Full article here.
Kate Upton Named 'Model of the Year'; Sizzling Model to be Presented Honor at 10th Style Awards [PHOTOS] Full article here.
Top 5 Celebrities with Mental Health Disorders: From Amanda Bynes, Catherine Zeta-Jones to Britney Spears [PHOTOS/VIDEOS] Full article here.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones