'Zanjeer' Actor Ram Charan Bags Role in Salman Khan's Home Production?
By sangeetha seshagiri | September 4, 2013 7:24 PM EST
Actor Ram Charan's Hindi debut "Zanjeer" is yet to hit the screens, but rumours are abuzz that the actor has been offered another film in Bollywood.
Apparently, Ram Charan received an offer from box office king Salman Khan. According to a report in Mumbai Mirror, Ram Charan has bagged a role in a Salman Khan Productions Film, which is set to go on floors next year.
"Salman has got a shooting break from Sohail Khan's Mental and Sajid Nadiadwala's Kick and was chilling out at his house with a few friends. In the middle of a discussion he suddenly called up Ram Charan and asked him if he can drop by for a while," a source told Mumbai Mirror. "They were talking about Ram Charan's future projects. Salman took the actor by surprise when he casually offered him a role in his home production," the source said.
Interestingly, one has to note that Salman's father Salim Khan was locked in a legal battle with the producers of "Zanjeer". The film, a remake of 1970's Amitabh Bachchan-starrer of the same name, was embroiled in legal issues which delayed the film's release.
Salim Khan and Javed Akhtar, who co-wrote the script for the original version (Amitabh's film), had sought a stay on the release of the remake claiming that the copyright of the original film's work is with them and the makers of Ram Charan's "Zanjeer" have not taken their consent before remaking the film.
On Monday (2 September), the Bombay High Court refused to stay the film's release on two grounds. One is that the plaintiffs (Salim and Javed) delayed in sending legal notice and filing law suit against the defendants. The other being that the plaintiffs were demanding a monetary compensation.
"Zanjeer" is now free from legal shackles and will be released on 6 September. Ram Charan reprises the role of Inspector Vijay Khanna, a role that catapulted Amitabh into the big league. Priyanka Chopra will be seen as Ram Charan's love interest. Sanjay Dutt dons the role of Sher Khan which was played by veteran actor Pran in the original.
"Zanjeer" is heading for a big showdown with Sushant Singh Rajput's "Shuddh Desi Romance", which is also set to hit screens on the same day. Parineeti Chopra and Vani Kapoor are playing female lead roles in the romantic-comedy entertainer directed by Maneesh Sharma.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop