Pacers to Sign Veteran Shooter Butler
By James Patrick Quizon | September 4, 2013 9:31 AM EST
Rasual Butler will sign a non-guaranteed deal with the Indiana Pacers and is expected to battle for a training camp spot.
The Pacers have already made some aggressive moves in the offseason, and the acquisition of Butler is just one of many transactions that look to improve Indiana’s roster.
The deal is being reported by @ShamsCharania in the story for RealGM.
Curiously, Butler started his career with rivals Miami Heat and played there in his first three years in the league. The 12-year NBA veteran also suited up for New Orleans, Los Angeles, Chicago and Toronto.
Butler is a career 35.8 per cent shooter from behind the arc and his shooting is expected to help the Pacers’ outside woes. Only two Pacers starters, Paul George and George Hill, shot better than 30 per cent from the three-point land in the 2013 NBA postseason.
Butler was also part of the Pacers’ summer league roster in July, contributing 6.2 points and 3 rebounds per game.
The Pacers are bringing back the core group of the 2012-2013 roster which pushed the Heat to 7 games in the East Finals series in the upcoming season.
Indiana has added C.J. Watson, Chris Copeland and Luis Scola in the offseason via trade or free agency transactions. They are also getting back Danny Granger after an injury-riddled season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- MMA News: Transgender Fighter Fallon Fox Challenges Ronda Rousey, Fires Back on ‘Ignorant’ Comments
- Floyd Mayweather Jr. Points Out Amir Khan's Poor Boxing Record
- Floyd Mayweather Admits Marcos Maidana’s Power Shot Hurt Him [VIDEO]
- Khloe Kardashian Reportedly Having A Hard Time Deciding Whether Or Not To Patch Things Up With Lamar Odom
- WWE News: CM Punk Merchandise Pulled From Stands, Punk Chasing Royalties For WWE 2K15 Inclusion [VIDEO]
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4