Pacers to Sign Veteran Shooter Butler
By James Patrick Quizon | September 4, 2013 9:31 AM EST
Rasual Butler will sign a non-guaranteed deal with the Indiana Pacers and is expected to battle for a training camp spot.
The Pacers have already made some aggressive moves in the offseason, and the acquisition of Butler is just one of many transactions that look to improve Indiana’s roster.
The deal is being reported by @ShamsCharania in the story for RealGM.
Curiously, Butler started his career with rivals Miami Heat and played there in his first three years in the league. The 12-year NBA veteran also suited up for New Orleans, Los Angeles, Chicago and Toronto.
Butler is a career 35.8 per cent shooter from behind the arc and his shooting is expected to help the Pacers’ outside woes. Only two Pacers starters, Paul George and George Hill, shot better than 30 per cent from the three-point land in the 2013 NBA postseason.
Butler was also part of the Pacers’ summer league roster in July, contributing 6.2 points and 3 rebounds per game.
The Pacers are bringing back the core group of the 2012-2013 roster which pushed the Heat to 7 games in the East Finals series in the upcoming season.
Indiana has added C.J. Watson, Chris Copeland and Luis Scola in the offseason via trade or free agency transactions. They are also getting back Danny Granger after an injury-riddled season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions