Pacers to Sign Veteran Shooter Butler
By James Patrick Quizon | September 4, 2013 9:31 AM EST
Rasual Butler will sign a non-guaranteed deal with the Indiana Pacers and is expected to battle for a training camp spot.
The Pacers have already made some aggressive moves in the offseason, and the acquisition of Butler is just one of many transactions that look to improve Indiana’s roster.
The deal is being reported by @ShamsCharania in the story for RealGM.
Curiously, Butler started his career with rivals Miami Heat and played there in his first three years in the league. The 12-year NBA veteran also suited up for New Orleans, Los Angeles, Chicago and Toronto.
Butler is a career 35.8 per cent shooter from behind the arc and his shooting is expected to help the Pacers’ outside woes. Only two Pacers starters, Paul George and George Hill, shot better than 30 per cent from the three-point land in the 2013 NBA postseason.
Butler was also part of the Pacers’ summer league roster in July, contributing 6.2 points and 3 rebounds per game.
The Pacers are bringing back the core group of the 2012-2013 roster which pushed the Heat to 7 games in the East Finals series in the upcoming season.
Indiana has added C.J. Watson, Chris Copeland and Luis Scola in the offseason via trade or free agency transactions. They are also getting back Danny Granger after an injury-riddled season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: F1 Driver's Father Says Son In A Desperate Situation
- Manny Pacquiao Chasing Floyd Mayweather Jr. Because Of Money But Says Undefeated American Is Afraid Of Filipino - Analysts
- Floyd Mayweather Trains Justin Bieber In The Boxing Ring
- Jules Bianchi Latest Update: Driver's Mother Says People 'Shirking Responsibility' About The Accident
- Novak Djokovic Aims For World No. 1 Rank In 2015, Becker Says
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage