Pacers to Sign Veteran Shooter Butler
By James Patrick Quizon | September 4, 2013 9:31 AM EST
Rasual Butler will sign a non-guaranteed deal with the Indiana Pacers and is expected to battle for a training camp spot.
The Pacers have already made some aggressive moves in the offseason, and the acquisition of Butler is just one of many transactions that look to improve Indiana’s roster.
The deal is being reported by @ShamsCharania in the story for RealGM.
Curiously, Butler started his career with rivals Miami Heat and played there in his first three years in the league. The 12-year NBA veteran also suited up for New Orleans, Los Angeles, Chicago and Toronto.
Butler is a career 35.8 per cent shooter from behind the arc and his shooting is expected to help the Pacers’ outside woes. Only two Pacers starters, Paul George and George Hill, shot better than 30 per cent from the three-point land in the 2013 NBA postseason.
Butler was also part of the Pacers’ summer league roster in July, contributing 6.2 points and 3 rebounds per game.
The Pacers are bringing back the core group of the 2012-2013 roster which pushed the Heat to 7 games in the East Finals series in the upcoming season.
Indiana has added C.J. Watson, Chris Copeland and Luis Scola in the offseason via trade or free agency transactions. They are also getting back Danny Granger after an injury-riddled season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery