Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (Wi-Fi) Gets Official Android
4.1.2 XXAMG1 OTA Firmware
Samsung has rolled out its latest Jelly Bean Over-The-Air firmware, Android 4.1.2 XXAMG1, for Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 (Wi-Fi) in several countries including Switzerland, Poland, Czech Republic, Baltic, Slovenia, Hungary and Slovakia. The official firmware is also available for download through Samsung KIES in select countries.
However, those residing outside the select countries can also download and install the same manually via ODIN flash tool, using our step-by-step guide.
Android 4.1.2 XXAMG1 OTA Firmware Details
Date: September, 2013
Country: Switzerland, Poland, Czech Republic, Baltic, Slovenia, Hungary, Slovakia
NOTE: Instructions given in this guide are meant for reference purpose only. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any device damage during or after firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- The T211XXAMG1 official firmware and instructions provided are limited to Galaxy Tab 3 (Wi-Fi) SM-T211 model. Verify device model number by navigating to Settings > About Tablet.
- Back up data and settings using recommended custom recovery tool such as ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP, as data wiping process is mandatory in this tutorial.
- Download and install correct USB drivers for Galaxy Tab 3 (Wi-Fi) SM-T211 on computer.
- Ensure USB debugging mode is enabled on tablet by navigating to Settings > Applications > Development or Settings > Developer Options.
- Double-check the device has at least 80% battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) while installing ROM.
- If device is stuck at booting or experiences boot loop issues, Wipe Cache Partition and Wipe Dalvik Cache a few more times before rebooting.
- Allow newly installed ROM to stabilise for five minutes before using device.
- If a Status 7 error message flashes while installing firmware, it could be due to an incompatible device or absence of a necessary kernel (for instance, a Jelly Bean Kernel must be installed before installing any Jelly Bean ROM).
- If MD5 hash value is invalid error message appears in ODIN, just re-download the firmware to fix the issue.
How to Update Galaxy Tab 3 SM-T211 to Android 4.1.2 XXAMG1 Official Firmware via Odin
Step 1: Download Android 4.1.2 T211XXAMG1 Jelly Bean OTA for Galaxy Tab 3 Wi-Fi and Odin v3.07 on your computer.
Step 2: Extract the firmware zip file to the desktop to obtain a .tar.md5 file.
Step 3: Extract Odin zip file to get Odin3 v3.07.exe as well as few other files.
Step 4: Power off the tablet and wait for vibration (about 5-6 seconds) to confirm complete device shutdown. Then boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until the Samsung logo appears on screen. Then hit Volume Up to progress into Download Mode.
Step 5: Launch Odin3 v3.07.exe that you extracted in Step 3 as an Administrator, as Admin privileges are required to complete the installation process smoothly.
Step 6: Connect the Galaxy Tab 3 to computer via USB cable, while the device is still in Download mode. When the device connects successfully, a message saying "Added!" appears in ODIN and the ID: COM box will turn yellow or blue with the corresponding COM port number. If the message fails to appear, try reinstalling the tablet's USB drivers or changing the port on computer.
Step 6: Choose the following files from the extracted T211XXAMG1 firmware folder obtained in Step 1 by using respective checkboxes:
- Select the PDA checkbox, and click the '.tar.md5' file
Step 7: In Odin, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options by selecting the checkboxes. But the Re-Partition checkbox must not be selected.
Step 8: To prevent ROM related errors, verify Step 6 and Step 7 are done correctly. Then hit START button to begin flashing firmware.
Step 9: Once the firmware installation is complete, the tablet will reboot automatically and soon a PASS message with green background appears in the left-most box at the very top of Odin. Wait until the home screen loads up. Now it is safe to unplug the USB cable to disconnect the device from computer.
Galaxy Tab 3 Wi-Fi is now running on the latest Android 4.1.2 XXAMG1 official firmware. Go to Settings > About Tablet to verify the firmware installed.
[Source: Android Jinn]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: