FIBA Americas Live Streaming Day 5 - Jamaica vs Brazil (8:30 a.m), Canada vs. Uruguay (10 a.m): Previews, Online Streaming, Scores & Results
By Lou Ramon Aguila | September 3, 2013 5:39 PM EST
The FIBA Americas Championship is now starting to get a little more interesting, heading into its fifth day of competition. With continent superpower Brazil struggling to find their groove, Mexico and Puerto Rico stepped up their game to another level to take the top spot of their respective group.
Then again, it's too early to tell which team will go all the way the title. The first round is just about to wrap up on Tuesday with Mexico-Argentina showdown serving as the main appetizer of the day.
Mexico entered the tournament with only one legitimate NBA player in Gustavo Ayon of the Atlanta Hawks. However, Mexico banked on teamwork and solid defense proved to win their first three assignments, including the Dominican Republic and host nation Venezuela. Ayon and former UCLA standout Lorenzo Mata have been formidable inside for Mexico, making things tough for opposing teams to score inside.
Meanwhile, Argentina has been playing sloppy in the last three games, though they still tally a winning record of 2-1. Indiana Pacers forward Luis Scola is playing way below his standard, while the absence of veterans such Manu Ginobili, Pablo Priogino, and Carlos Delfino made everything harder for Argentina in this tourney.
Mexico and Argentina will square it off at 5:30 am, while Canada and Uruguay will battle for the no.2 spot in Group A at 10:00 am. Paraguay and Dominican Republic will kick off Tuesday's action at 10:30 pm. Brazil and Jamaica are set to end their FIBA Americas campaign at 8:30 a.m - Perth/Manila time
Schedule and Live Streaming
Coverage of FIBA Americas Championship Day 5 will start at 10:30 pm on Basketball T.V. Live Streaming is available onFIBA Americas Live Streaming Day 7 - Puerto Rico vs. Argentina, Mexico vs. Canada: Preview, Online Streaming, Statistics, Scores & Results
Scores and Results are available on FIBA Americas Championship 2013
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Roger Federer Forced to Take Down Children's Play Area on his Property in Valbella
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Striker Disappointed with Cesc Fabregas Sale to Chelsea
- 5 Sports Stars Who are Also Into Other Sports
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools