FIBA Americas Live Streaming Day 5 - Jamaica vs Brazil (8:30 a.m), Canada vs. Uruguay (10 a.m): Previews, Online Streaming, Scores & Results
By Lou Ramon Aguila | September 3, 2013 5:39 PM EST
The FIBA Americas Championship is now starting to get a little more interesting, heading into its fifth day of competition. With continent superpower Brazil struggling to find their groove, Mexico and Puerto Rico stepped up their game to another level to take the top spot of their respective group.
Then again, it's too early to tell which team will go all the way the title. The first round is just about to wrap up on Tuesday with Mexico-Argentina showdown serving as the main appetizer of the day.
Mexico entered the tournament with only one legitimate NBA player in Gustavo Ayon of the Atlanta Hawks. However, Mexico banked on teamwork and solid defense proved to win their first three assignments, including the Dominican Republic and host nation Venezuela. Ayon and former UCLA standout Lorenzo Mata have been formidable inside for Mexico, making things tough for opposing teams to score inside.
Meanwhile, Argentina has been playing sloppy in the last three games, though they still tally a winning record of 2-1. Indiana Pacers forward Luis Scola is playing way below his standard, while the absence of veterans such Manu Ginobili, Pablo Priogino, and Carlos Delfino made everything harder for Argentina in this tourney.
Mexico and Argentina will square it off at 5:30 am, while Canada and Uruguay will battle for the no.2 spot in Group A at 10:00 am. Paraguay and Dominican Republic will kick off Tuesday's action at 10:30 pm. Brazil and Jamaica are set to end their FIBA Americas campaign at 8:30 a.m - Perth/Manila time
Schedule and Live Streaming
Coverage of FIBA Americas Championship Day 5 will start at 10:30 pm on Basketball T.V. Live Streaming is available onFIBA Americas Live Streaming Day 7 - Puerto Rico vs. Argentina, Mexico vs. Canada: Preview, Online Streaming, Statistics, Scores & Results
Scores and Results are available on FIBA Americas Championship 2013
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- Lamar Odom’s Hope Of Reuniting With Khloe Kardashian Crushed, ‘KUWTK’ Star Reportedly Dating Wiz Khalifa
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]