DiCaprio and Scorsese's Newest Film, "The Wolf of Wall Street" (Behind the Scene Photos)
By Riza Ornos | September 3, 2013 2:01 PM EST
Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsee teamed up once again for the remake of Jordan Belfort's memoir "The Wolf of Wall Street", a biographical black comedy which is set to released in November 2013. This movie if the fifth collaboration between DiCaprio and Scorsee after "Shutter Island', and it tells about the life of a New York stockbroker played by "The Gangs of New York" star.
Another epic role for Leonardo, this movie is a real life story of broker Jordan Belfort who during the 1980's scammed millions of dollars from investors of Wall Street. Belfort's dramatic brushes with the law and his extravagant life in Wall Street inspired the 2000 hit film the "Boiler Room."
Belfort's book chronicled his rise and fall as the head of Stratoon Oakmont, a Long Island based boiler room he founded when he was on his late twenties. With the use of this brokerage house he deluded small investors with the rough estimate of $100 million in the nineties, but the law caught up with him in 1998 where he served 22 months in prison thanks to his securities fraud and money laundering schemes.
The film's elaborate production cost made Warner Bros. dropped the project with Scorsese and DiCaprio back in 2008 even if it means an Oscar nomination. But last year an independent production company, Red Granite Pictures, stepped into to finance the film and Paramount will be incharge of distributing.
Captivated by Belfort's singular transparency, DiCaprio believed that he personified America's addiction to obtaining wealth at all cost. Thanks to his executive producer Alexandra Milchan, "The Wolf of Wall Street" was brought to his attention in 2007 where Warner Bros. commissioned both him and Scorsee to do the film.
There is no better director to take this high profile challenge than Scorsee and according to "The Departed" star, "Belfort's writing, alternately horrifying and hilarious, almost reads like a Scorsese movie."
He even added, "When Marty couldn't do it the first time, I set it up with a few other directors, but I never felt comfortable pulling the trigger. I was fixated on him. There wasn't anybody else who could bring the rawness and toughness, the music, and particularly the humor required to convey the excitement of these young punks-these robber barons-taking on the Wall Street system."
The film started rolling in August 8, 2012 in New York and it was reported that it took place in Closter, additional scenes was filmed in January 2013 in a built in set in Ardsley, New York. "The Wolf of Wall Street's" theatrical trailer was released on June 16, 2013 that features Kanye West's "Black Skinhead" song.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- 'Sylvester Stallone Dies In Horrible Car Accident’ Death Hoax Goes Viral
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoiler: Revelation Of Reason Why Penny, Leonard ‘Not’ Getting Married Soon
- Emmy Awards 2014: Where To Watch Live Online, Top Nominations [VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelorette' Update: Andi Dorfman And Josh Murray To Setup Career In Hollywood- Reports
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett to Rediscover Nathan Fillion's Rick Castle; 'Derrick Storm' Coming to ABC [VIDEO]
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features