DiCaprio and Scorsese's Newest Film, "The Wolf of Wall Street" (Behind the Scene Photos)
By Riza Ornos | September 3, 2013 2:01 PM EST
Leonardo DiCaprio and Martin Scorsee teamed up once again for the remake of Jordan Belfort's memoir "The Wolf of Wall Street", a biographical black comedy which is set to released in November 2013. This movie if the fifth collaboration between DiCaprio and Scorsee after "Shutter Island', and it tells about the life of a New York stockbroker played by "The Gangs of New York" star.
Another epic role for Leonardo, this movie is a real life story of broker Jordan Belfort who during the 1980's scammed millions of dollars from investors of Wall Street. Belfort's dramatic brushes with the law and his extravagant life in Wall Street inspired the 2000 hit film the "Boiler Room."
Belfort's book chronicled his rise and fall as the head of Stratoon Oakmont, a Long Island based boiler room he founded when he was on his late twenties. With the use of this brokerage house he deluded small investors with the rough estimate of $100 million in the nineties, but the law caught up with him in 1998 where he served 22 months in prison thanks to his securities fraud and money laundering schemes.
The film's elaborate production cost made Warner Bros. dropped the project with Scorsese and DiCaprio back in 2008 even if it means an Oscar nomination. But last year an independent production company, Red Granite Pictures, stepped into to finance the film and Paramount will be incharge of distributing.
Captivated by Belfort's singular transparency, DiCaprio believed that he personified America's addiction to obtaining wealth at all cost. Thanks to his executive producer Alexandra Milchan, "The Wolf of Wall Street" was brought to his attention in 2007 where Warner Bros. commissioned both him and Scorsee to do the film.
There is no better director to take this high profile challenge than Scorsee and according to "The Departed" star, "Belfort's writing, alternately horrifying and hilarious, almost reads like a Scorsese movie."
He even added, "When Marty couldn't do it the first time, I set it up with a few other directors, but I never felt comfortable pulling the trigger. I was fixated on him. There wasn't anybody else who could bring the rawness and toughness, the music, and particularly the humor required to convey the excitement of these young punks-these robber barons-taking on the Wall Street system."
The film started rolling in August 8, 2012 in New York and it was reported that it took place in Closter, additional scenes was filmed in January 2013 in a built in set in Ardsley, New York. "The Wolf of Wall Street's" theatrical trailer was released on June 16, 2013 that features Kanye West's "Black Skinhead" song.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]