James Franco as Young Hugh Hefner
By Riza Ornos | September 2, 2013 5:39 PM EST
James Franco is up for yet another colorful Hollywood character as he plays the iconic Playboy magazine publisher Hugh Hefner. Franco joins the high caliber cast of the movie "Lovelace" with Amanda Seyfried playing Linda Lovelace, the star of the famous 1972's Deep Throat.
Who could ever resist Franco's charm as he plays the Playboy Enterprises guru with so much charisma, sophistication and playfulness? Even Linda Lovelace couldn't resist his charm as he plays host at the 1972 world premiere of "Deep Throat."
Hugh Hefner's party is very crucial to the movie as he toured the young starlet around the mansion and intoduced her to the likes of porn star extraordinaire Harry Reems (Adam Brody), Rat Pack member Sammy Davis Jr. (Ron Pritchard) and the movies financier Anthony Romano (Chris Noth). The film's premier was packed with A-list celebrities which is not common for a porn movie, and this only shows how famous Linda Lovelace at that time to receive that kind of celebrity status.
Playing the young version of the 85-year old Playboy mogul is no sweat at all for the 127 hours star as he dons a white scarf drapped over his shoulders while holding the Palyboy's poo-bah's smoking pipe. Thanks to Hef's signature shaggy 'do and red velvet jacket, Franco's portrayal of the role is flawless; from his hand-kissing routine to his sexy smirking look.
Although he is just playing a cameo, the Pineapple Express star channels his "Spring Breakers" character Alien as he leads the young Lovelace to the world of porn and unforgiving lifestyle of Hollywood. Hefner was allegedly corrupted Lovelace as Chuck Traynor partnered with him to encouraged Linda to star in his bestiality films.
James Franco's transformation from one character to another has made him an A-lister, from his Oscar-nominated role as Aron Ralston in "127 Hours" to his title role in "Oz the Great and Powerful" there is no stopping for this guy. At present, he is directing a documentary on the porn industry and the San Francisco production company.
The 35-year old actor is now busy with countless of projects like the "Holy Land: A Suburban Memoir as a possible directorial project and his about to star in While We're Young, The Iceman, Maladies and Ricky Stanicky. Plus he is going to star opposite Nicole Kidman in Sweet Bird, a Broadway play set to premier this fall.
Loveless premiered last January 22, 2013, an official entry of the 2013 Sundance Film Festival and was release in US last August 9, 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron' Teaser Trailer: Fans' Cry At ‘Epic’ Footage, Vision Not Featured
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’