James Franco as Young Hugh Hefner
By Riza Ornos | September 2, 2013 5:39 PM EST
James Franco is up for yet another colorful Hollywood character as he plays the iconic Playboy magazine publisher Hugh Hefner. Franco joins the high caliber cast of the movie "Lovelace" with Amanda Seyfried playing Linda Lovelace, the star of the famous 1972's Deep Throat.
Who could ever resist Franco's charm as he plays the Playboy Enterprises guru with so much charisma, sophistication and playfulness? Even Linda Lovelace couldn't resist his charm as he plays host at the 1972 world premiere of "Deep Throat."
Hugh Hefner's party is very crucial to the movie as he toured the young starlet around the mansion and intoduced her to the likes of porn star extraordinaire Harry Reems (Adam Brody), Rat Pack member Sammy Davis Jr. (Ron Pritchard) and the movies financier Anthony Romano (Chris Noth). The film's premier was packed with A-list celebrities which is not common for a porn movie, and this only shows how famous Linda Lovelace at that time to receive that kind of celebrity status.
Playing the young version of the 85-year old Playboy mogul is no sweat at all for the 127 hours star as he dons a white scarf drapped over his shoulders while holding the Palyboy's poo-bah's smoking pipe. Thanks to Hef's signature shaggy 'do and red velvet jacket, Franco's portrayal of the role is flawless; from his hand-kissing routine to his sexy smirking look.
Although he is just playing a cameo, the Pineapple Express star channels his "Spring Breakers" character Alien as he leads the young Lovelace to the world of porn and unforgiving lifestyle of Hollywood. Hefner was allegedly corrupted Lovelace as Chuck Traynor partnered with him to encouraged Linda to star in his bestiality films.
James Franco's transformation from one character to another has made him an A-lister, from his Oscar-nominated role as Aron Ralston in "127 Hours" to his title role in "Oz the Great and Powerful" there is no stopping for this guy. At present, he is directing a documentary on the porn industry and the San Francisco production company.
The 35-year old actor is now busy with countless of projects like the "Holy Land: A Suburban Memoir as a possible directorial project and his about to star in While We're Young, The Iceman, Maladies and Ricky Stanicky. Plus he is going to star opposite Nicole Kidman in Sweet Bird, a Broadway play set to premier this fall.
Loveless premiered last January 22, 2013, an official entry of the 2013 Sundance Film Festival and was release in US last August 9, 2013.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People