New Zealand Fashion Week 2013: Opening Ceremony and Featured Designers
By Reissa Su | September 2, 2013 1:51 PM EST
The New Zealand Fashion Week biggest fashion event in New Zealand will kick off Monday night, Sept 2, with a VIP ceremony in Auckland's Viaduct Events Centre. Over 50 Kiwi and international designers will be showcasing their best autumn/winter 2014 collections on the catwalk during for the rest of the week. The New Zealand Fashion Week is now celebrating its 13th year.
Dame Pieter Stewart, founder of New Zealand Fashion Week, said the collection of designers for this year's event will be the best yet. Some of the biggest names in New Zealand's fashion industry such as Trelise Cooper and Zambesi will be showing off their stylish and trendy wares alongside other edgier and smaller fashion labels.
New Zealand Fashion Week still remains a huge commercial platform for the Kiwi fashion industry. Popular fashion labels like the Stolen Girlfriends Club and Twenty-Seven Names are expected to be back for this year's biggest fashion event to feature their upcoming collections to be held at the Auckland venue on Sept 3 and 4.
Wairarapa fashion label, My Boyfriend's Back, will be appearing for the first time at the New Zealand Fashion Week. A trio of designers from Wellington, featuring Mardle, Millicent and Love Hotel labels will also make their debut.
Grace Lee and Mia Brennan, both indigenous Australian designers, will also be featured together with seven of New Zealand's Maori designers in a Miromoda show on Sept 6.
Marissa Findlay, who has also helped produce fashion shows for Zambesi in the last 14 years, will make sure the New Zealand Fashion Week shows will have an element of mystery and surprise to capture the audience.
Of course any big event will always have criticisms, one of which has been always the lack of income generated by the New Zealand Fashion Week. However, many fashion designers said sales were not simply due to a cause-and-effect equation. Designers said that by the time buyers order place an advance order for upcoming winter collections, months have already passed since the Fashion Week event.
New Zealand Fashion Week may attract a buyer to purchase a designer's collection but other factors can contribute to buying behaviour. Designers who participate in fashion events believe they are opportunities to build their brand with media coverage.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kendall Jenner Dons Another Daring Outfit For Sonia Rykiel At Paris Fashion Week
- Kardashian Sisters Collaborate With Younger Brother Rob For Arthur George Sock Party At DASH Miami
- Kanye West Grabs Kim Kardashian's Ass And She Shows Off More Skin During Paris Fashion Week
- Kendall Jenner Shows Off Her Cleavage And Trips On The Givenchy Runway At Paris Fashion Week
- Kris Jenner Turns Over Control Of Kendall Jenner's Modelling Career To Chris Gay's Society Agency In New York.
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate