September 2, 2013 12:34 PM EST
Kate Middleton And Prince William Choose Baby George’s First Godparent
Like the famous quote "with great power comes the great responsibility," it's always a tough task to choose godparents for a baby and even more tougher when that the baby is a future King. Prince William and Kate Middleton have to name six godparents for their son Prince George in-line with royal tradition.
Prince William's best friend Guy Pelly is the first name that has been chosen by Kate Middleton and Prince William godfather for his newborn son Prince George. Guy Pelly is the close friend of both Prince William and Prince Harry.
We have summed up his relationship with royal family and there are some very interesting facts to know about:
- Guy Pelly's mother, Lady Carolyn Herbert, was a ex- girlfriend of Prince Andrew and also a good pal of the late Princess Diana. Guy Pelly has got royal lineage and can be traced to the Earl of Pembroke according to the NY Times.
- Guy Pelly has been regarded as a "bad influence" on both the princes.
- Guy Pelly is a nightclub mogul: Guy Pelly is a partner in London's famous Mahiki club, a favourite hangout of Prince William and Harry. Owner of a nightclub in London's Chelsea region.
- Pelly was in charge of throwing the royal's bachelor party in
- He has been hard-heartedly loyal to the royals
- Pelly facing trial for a drink-driving case in June and not pleaded guilty and a faulty breathalyser is to hold responsible for the case
- Pelly introduced Prince Harry to marijuana in 2002. According to the Daily Mail.
Guy Pelly must be celebrating since finding out about his new role as godparent to Prince George as a source told The Sun.
"He is thrilled about being picked and everyone was congratulating him." He's been told informally by the prince. Guy's been a very discreet and good friend to William over the years. Those are qualities he wants to pass to George."
Prince George's other godparents names in the running list are:
1. Prince Harry
2. Kate's Sister Pippa Middleton.
3. James Meade
4. Thomas Van Straubenzee
5. Kate's old school friend, Alicia Fox-Pitt
Probably Prince George will be baptised in the autumn, with a christening that will be followed by a family gathering. As reported by http://www.sofeminine.co.uk
Kensington Palace spokesperson said on Aug. 30 that it is "too early to discuss who will be godparents," so we might still have a while to wait before we find out who gets picked!
You may like to read more about the Royal Baby and Kate Midleton here.