England host Australia at Chester-le-Street in the second T20 international, as the hosts look for a win to level the two-match series. The tourists won the first match by 39 runs.
Where to Watch Live
The match starts at 2.30pm BST, with Sky Sports 2 and Sky Sports 2 HD providing live coverage. Radio commentary is on BBC Radio 5 live sports extra. Watch the highlights at 7pm on Channel 5.
First T20 Review
George Bailey's side enjoyed a comfortable win at the Rose Bowl on Thursday, courtesy opener Aaron Finch's record breaking 156 from just 63 balls; now the highest T20 international score. The Aussie opener smashed 11 fours and 14 sixes - the latter another T20 international record - to help his team post a massive total of 248/6. Shane Watson also offered fireworks in the middle overs, scoring 37 from 16 deliveries.
England, in response, were struggling at 42 for 4 but some big hitting from Joe Root (90 from 49 balls) late on and good support from Ravi Bopara (45 from 29 balls) helped them finish a respectable 209/6. Bowlers from both sides were taken to the cleaners in the match but the hosts' Jade Dernbach stood out, with figures of 3/34 from his four overs.
- Last Five Matches (most recent first): L L W L W
- Last Match: England lost to Australia by 39 runs
- Last Five Matches (most recent first): W L L L L
- Last Match: Australia beat England by 39 runs
The pitch in Durham usually offers plenty of help for the pacemen. There is good news for the batsmen as well, as sunny skies are forecast.
England: Opener Michael Carberry could come into the side in place of either Alex Hales or Michael Lumb. Danny Briggs suffered most at the hands of Finch on Thursday; so either James Tredwell or Boyd Rankin might replace him.
Probable Line-up: Lumb, Carberry, Wright, Morgan, Root, Bopara, Buttler, Broad, Tredwell, Finn, Dernbach
Australia: Even the Aussie bowlers conceded plenty of runs in the last game and hence either Mitchell Starc or Nathan Coulter-Nile might get a look in. However, with a trophy at stake, Bailey is likely to opt for an unchanged side.
Probable Line-up: Warner, Finch, Marsh, Watson, Maxwell, Bailey, Wade, Faulkner, Johnson, Hazlewood, Ahmed
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Models' Ramp Walk Aired on Tuesday [PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Bold, Sexy and Sensuous Lingerie Fashion [PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Drooling Guys, Conscious Girls, Naughty Jokes on Twitter [SEE PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Best Pictures From The Sexiest Show Ever [ SEE PHOTOS/VIDEOS]