Watch Live Now FIBA Americas 2013: Brazil vs. Puerto Rico, Venezuela vs. Mexico, Argentina vs. Paraguay, Jamaica vs. Canada – Schedule & Live Stream Information
By Lou Ramon Aguila | August 31, 2013 12:58 AM EST
The FIBA Americas Championship 2013 is underway and there's a ton of things to be excited about this elite level basketball tournament.
Defending champion Argentina is bringing new faces in tournament aside from veteran banger Luis Scola. Manu Ginobili, Carlos Delfino and Pablo Priogini might not be around anymore, but the former Olympic champion possesses enough talent to get their third continental title.
Argentina will kick off their campaign against a still mysterious Paraguayan squad. Paraguay will be fielding players with no NBA experience, but they prove potent when working as a unit.
Meanwhile, Brazil is also another team that could make a run deep into the knockout stages of the tourney. The four-time FIBA Americas champion will not be fielding an NBA player, but they still have veteran shooter Marcelo Huertas and former NBA journeyman JP Batista.
Brazil will be taking on the Puerto Rican squad which is powered by Minnesota Timberwolves guard JJ Barea and former NBA veterans Carlos Arroyo and Renaldo Balkman.
Other exciting matches on Friday will be the showdown between Jamaica and Canada, and Venezuela and Mexico.
Schedule and Live Streaming
Jamaica vs. Canada (11:00 pm)/ Argentina vs. Paraguay (2:00 am)/ Puerto Rico vs. Brazil (5:30 am)/ Venezuela vs. Mexico (8:30 am)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- NBA Trade Discussions ‘Tremendous’; 10 Teams Including Rockets, Clippers and Hornets Active For Probable Deals—NBA Insider