Version: Android 4.1.2
Build date: 21 August, 2013
XXUBMH4 Android 4.2.2 update is released for Galaxy S2 Plus.
The update is currently available in Russia and is expected to hit other regions soon, notes Droid Views. As XXUBMH4 is an unbranded version of firmware, it can be installed on any unlocked GT-I9105 units, regardless of region or country. The new official build has a host of new features for the Galaxy S2 Plus which was launched with the Android version 4.1.2.
Android 4.2.2 features
New lock screen with multi-pages and widget support
New Daydream feature [under Display settings]
Revamped UI with all options classified under tabs
Move to SD Card option in Application Manager for moving third-party apps to SD card storage
Two pages in Notification panel with list and grid view
Improved TouchWiz and performance optimisations
Those outside Russia and those who could not update their devices using official methods may follow our step-by-step guide to install the update manually using Odin flashing tool.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Before installing the official firmware, users are advised to verify that their devices meet following requirements.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus to connect the Android device with the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option then check the USB Debugging Mode.]
3) As the tutorial is likely to wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP installed then backup data using the recovery.
4) The battery of Galaxy S2 should have above 80% charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. It will lose custom recovery which will be replaced by the stock recovery.
7) The device will no longer belong to a rooted version once the official firmware is installed.
8) XXUBMH4 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware works only with Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105P. As flashing this on any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of the Galaxy S2 Plus by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
Steps to install XXUBMH4 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus GT-I9105
Step-1: Download XXUBMH4 Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean official update for Samsung Galaxy S2 Plus to the computer
Step-2: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using winrar/7zip/winzip or any other extracting tool to get a .tar.md5 file with a few other files
Step-3: Download Odin v3.07. Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v3.07.exe and some other files
Step-4: Turn off the Galaxy S2 and wait for five to six seconds for the vibration to confirm complete power off
Step-5: Boot the phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on the phone screen. Now press the Volume Up button to continue to enter Download Mode
Step-6: Run Odin3 v3.07.exe as Administrator
Step-7: Connect Galaxy S2 Plus to the computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully an Added message will appear under Odin. Also, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn blue with the COM port number, indicating successful connection
Note: If the Added message does not appear, then try the USB port at the back of the computer. If Odin still fails to recognise the device, then re-install USB driver.
Step-8: Select these files extracted from I9105 XXUBMH4 folder to install on the phone
a) Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file
b) Click the Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name
c) Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT button and select the .pit file
Note: Ignore the last three steps (step-b, c and d) if such files do not exist.
Step-9: Verify the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin window. But uncheck Re-Partition option; select it only when a .pit file is used
Step-10: Click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and would take a few minutes to complete
Step-11: Once the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically. The successful installation will be indicated by a PASS message with a green background in the extreme left box at the top of Odin. Now unplug the USB cable from the phone to disconnect it from the computer
XXUBMH4 Android 4.2.2 official firmware should now be installed and running on Galaxy S2 Plus. Head over to Settings>> About phone to verify the new software version of the device.
How to Fix Bootloop Issue
If the Galaxy S2 Plus gets stuck at booting animation (after step-11) or experiences bootloop, then place the device in recovery mode by pressing and holding the Home, Power and Volume Up buttons together. In recovery mode, perform data wiping task by selecting Wipe data/factory reset. Now select wipe cache partition and once the action is completed, reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now. In recovery mode, use Volume keys to scroll between options and the Power button to select the desired option. Performing wiping task will erase the internal memory data of the device.
Also read: Update Galaxy S4 I9500 with Official XXUEMJ5 Android 4.3 [GUIDE]
[Source: Honai of Android]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: