Update Galaxy S Advance I9070P to Android
4.1.2 XXLPF Deodexed ROM
Samsung recently rolled out its latest Jelly Bean Over-The-Air (OTA) update, Android 4.1.2 XXLPF, for Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070P. The OTA firmware has been modified with the latest custom Jelly Bean tweaks and feature enhancements, thanks to Deodexed and Zipaligned version of the ROM released by XDA recognised developers for optimised system performance.
NOTE: Installation of the ROM requires ClockworkMod recovery to be pre-installed on the device. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable if the device is damaged or bricked during or after the firmware installation, and users must proceed at their own risk.
- Android 4.1.2 XXLPF Jelly Bean Deodexed ROM is meant for the Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070P model only and will not work on any other device. Verify the device's model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Back up important data and settings on the phone to avoid data loss while installing the firmware.
- Ensure the phone has at least 80% battery charge to prevent unexpected device shutdown during firmware installation that could inadvertently brick or damage the device.
- Verify that the correct USB drivers are installed for the phone on computer (download Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070P USB drivers)
- Enable USB Debugging mode on the phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options (if phone is running Android 4.0 or later) or go to Settings > Applications > Development (if device is running Android 2.3 or earlier).
- Make sure the device is both carrier unlocked and bootloader unlocked to prevent issues with firmware installation.
- Ensure the device is rooted with ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery pre-installed.
How to Update Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070P to Android 4.1.2 XXLPF Deodexed ROM
- Connect and Mount the phone's USB mass storage on computer via original USB cable.
- Now, copy the downloaded CWM Deodex XXLPF ROM zip and Google Apps zip files to the root folder on phone's SD card.
- Power off the phone and disconnect its USB cable from computer.
- Boot the phone into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together.
- Follow the onscreen navigation instructions and then select to enter recovery mode.
- In ClockworkMod recovery, perform a full data wipe task by choosing Wipe Data / Factory Reset.NOTE: Use volume buttons to navigate and Power button to select the desired option in recovery.
- Once the wipe process is done, return to main recovery menu and click Install Zip from SD card.
- Then select Choose Zip from SD card. Now, locate the CWM Deodex XXLPF ROM zip file you copied earlier to the phone and select it by tapping Power button. Confirm the ROM installation on next screen and let the installation begin.
- After the ROM is installed, repeat the previous two steps for installing Google Apps as well.
- After Google apps is also installed, click Wipe Cache Partition. Wait until the process is complete. Finally, choose Wipe Dalvik Cache under advance option. NOTE: This will prevent intermittent boot loop issues and other ROM related errors.
- Hit reboot system now to boot-up the phone into the newly installed ROM. The first boot may take some time. So, please be patient.
The Galaxy S Advance GT-I9070P is now running on Android 4.1.2 XXLPF Deodexed ROM. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: XDA Developers]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: