Sony Mobile finally released the official Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware for the Sony Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi model. The official update is rolling out to both SGP311 and SGP312 in selected regions.
Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware for Sony Xperia Tablet Z Wi-Fi
Sony released Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware build 10.3.1.C.0.136 which currently rolling out to selected regions. The recent firmware rollout running Android 4.2.2 for the Xperia Tablet Z was seen in the LTA variant.
Owners shouldn't be confused with the Sony Web site regarding the software update which currently displays Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. The Web site may not have been updated, but the details of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean are written below. Here are changes included to the latest software:
- Latest version of Sony Media applications with seamless integrated services.
- The "my Xperia" application that helps you find your phone and secure everything you have on it.
- New customisable navigation bar with quick settings.
- New widget functionalities, both on lock screen and home screen.
- Support for bigger (64) SD card so that you can store even more on your Xperia Tablet Z.
- Multi-user function support
- Google Now, Project Butter and Daydream features are offered by Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, too.
How to Update Your Xperia Tablet Z
The official Android 4.2.2 update is available for download via Sony PC Companion using your computer.
1. Download and install the Sony PC Companion from the Sony Web site to your computer.
2. Launch the Sony PC Companion you have installed on your computer.
3. Connect the Sony Xperia Tablet Z using a USB cable to your computer.
4. Allow the program to install drivers necessary for your device.
5. A notification should prompt you of an update, if available. Make sure that the computer is connected to a direct Internet connection or via Wi-Fi.
6. Follow the instructions provided to by the Sony PC Companion to begin downloading and updating your device.
7. Be reminded that the firmware update may or may not erase all data on your Xperia Tablet Z. If the Sony PC Companion asks you to create a backup, please do so.
8. Do not turn off or put the computer on standby during the update and never disconnect the Xperia Tablet Z if the installation is ongoing.
To contact the editor, e-mail: