Galaxy Note 3 vs. Galaxy Note 2: 6 Good Reasons Why You Should Upgrade to Galaxy Note 3
By Ryan Inoyori | August 29, 2013 12:39 PM EST
Samsung Galaxy S4's phablet partner of 2013, Galaxy Note 3 is rumoured to appear at IFA 2013 on September 4, 2013 with all-new upgrades and specifications. If you own a Galaxy Note 2, here are six good reasons why you should upgrade to the Galaxy Note 3.
Latest Software Version
SamMobile received new information of Galaxy Note 3's software version based from trusted sources. According to their insider, the Galaxy Note 3 is going to be the most desirable Samsung device of 2013 running the newest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean version and incorporated by Samsung's TouchWiz UI.
The Galaxy Note 2 remained in the shadow regarding Android 4.2 or 4.3 update due to the lack of confirmation from Samsung.
Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie
Since Galaxy Note 3 will run Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, owners of the brand new Galaxy phablet can expect Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie update before the end of 2013. Rumours point that Google may launch the next major iteration of Android devices on October 2013 which can help Android device manufacturers to update their phones and tablets with Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie. However, it is not clear how soon they will be able to release Android 5.0 software upgrades, unlike with the case of Nexus devices which receives Android updates almost immediately.
The Galaxy Note 2 was already having trouble with Android 4.3 update which makes Android 5.0 vague.
Brand New Hardware
Of course, the Galaxy Note 3 is going to be equipped with all-new hardware components compared with the Galaxy Note 2. The former flagship phablet features 1.6 GHz quad-core Exynos 4412 CPU, 2 GB of RAM and 8 MP rear-shooting camera, while the upcoming phablet will boast quad-core QUALCOMM Snapdragon 800 or octa-core Samsung Exynos CPU, 3 GB of RAM and 13 MP rear camera - expect faster and more capable Galaxy performance with the Note 3.
Better Display Screen
The Galaxy Note 3 has an upgraded display screen based from the Galaxy Note 2. The predecessor has 5.5 inches of 720 x 1280 Super AMOLED screen display, while the Galaxy Note 3 may flaunt up to 5.99 inches of full HD 1920 x 1080 Super AMOLED screen display. It is bigger and fuller with HD resolution than Galaxy Note 2.
Release Date Ahead of Galaxy Note 2 Software Update
The saddest comparison between the Galaxy Note 2 and the Galaxy Note 3 is probably the release date. The Galaxy Note 3 is rumoured to appear in IFA 2013 at Berlin, Germany, on September 4, 2013, while the Galaxy Note 2's official Android 4.2 or 4.3 update's release date is still unclear. In addition, another report said that the Galaxy Note 3 is going to be publicly out in Taiwan by September 27, with pre-order date on September 16, 2013.
Hopefully, after the official launch, Samsung can finally put their attention on the Galaxy Note 2.
If you are going to think about how many years someone could use the Galaxy Note 3, well, it may reach up to 5 years based on the hardware specifications reported by sources. Hardware specifications comprised Qualcomm Snapdragon 800/Exynos 5 CPU, 3 GB of RAM, full HD display, 13 MP camera and 4G LTE may last for several years, especially for those who are not going to "Frankenstein" the device. The Galaxy Note 3 is expected to support several Android versions later than Android 5.0. However, owners can only expect such from Samsung's official software upgrades.
Choosing between the Galaxy Note 3 and the Galaxy Note 2 can be very tricky, especially if you are thinking how much the upgrade will cost. The Galaxy Note 3 will be much expensive but sports the newest software and hardware technologies, while the Galaxy Note 2 remains running Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean without any way of updating its hardware components.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Windows 9 Release: Reasons of Free Download for Windows 8 and Windows 7 Customers
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date and Specs Speculations: Smartphone May Be Released in October or November 2014! – Report
- Windows Phone 8.1: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, U.S. and UK Status; How to Download and Install
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports