Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100, P3110, P3113 Now with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM
By Ryan Inoyori | August 28, 2013 5:28 PM EST
Android 4.3 Jelly Bean via CyanogenMod 10.2
Elite recognised developer Codeworkx uploaded a CyanogenMod 10.2 nightly builds for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 which runs the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean including its features. CyanogenMod 10.2 is a free, community built aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean which is designed to increase performance and reliability over the stock Android ROM for your device.
According to the XDA developer Web page by Codeworkx, the Android 4.3 based CyanogenMod 10.2 supports Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 variants P3100, P3110, P3113 which include features such as Project Butter, Google Now, Bluetooth Smart and Restricted Profiles.
- Any of the three variants of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0: P3100, P3110, P3113.
- Root the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 and install ClockworkMod recovery.
- Create a backup of all personal information, settings and data files on the device.
- Make sure that the battery life is at least 50 per cent.
- Enable USB debugging mode on the tablet. Go to "Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging."
- Install the necessary drivers for your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
- Download the Google Apps package to your computer.
Warning: This is a custom ROM which can damage your device. We are not responsible for any errors or damages which may occur on your tablet. Read, understand and follow the instructions to avoid damaging the tablet. Do this at your own risk.
1. Connect your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy the appropriate CM10.2 firmware for your device and the Google Apps package then paste it on the SD card of the tablet.
3. Disconnect the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 from the computer and switch it off.
4. Reboot into Recovery mode by pressing and holding the volume up and home keys at the same time.
5. Inside the recovery mode, create a Nandroid backup of the current ROM by selecting "backup and restore > backup." You can restore the saved ROM anytime.
6. Now perform a full wipe by selecting "wipe data/factory reset" and "wipe cache partition." Then go to "advanced > wipe Dalvik cache."
7. Install the custom ROM on your tablet. Select "install zip from SD card > choose zip from SD card > search for the CyanogenMod 10.2 firmware > confirm installation." Apple the same with the Google Apps package.
8. After the installation, go back to the main menu and select "reboot system now."
9. Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 may take up to five minutes to reach the home screen.
Congratulations! Your tablet is running Android 4.3 Jelly bean thanks to CyanogenMod 10.2 firmware.
For issues and comments, send your feedback to XDA original thread.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT latest_id FROM site_artdata WHERE type='ib_articles_day2ago' Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT tid as num FROM biztimes_stats.stats_articles_au_pop WHERE maincat_id='39' AND outkey='Y' AND tid> ORDER BY hits DESC LIMIT 15Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT article_id as num FROM ib_categories_index WHERE tid=39 ORDER BY article_id DESC LIMIT 5
Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT latest_id FROM site_artdata WHERE type='ib_articles_day2ago' Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT tid as num FROM biztimes_stats.stats_articles_au_pop WHERE (maincat_id='1' OR maincat_id='2' OR maincat_id='6' OR maincat_id='7' OR maincat_id='9' OR maincat_id='24') AND local_id='0' AND typology_id<'11' AND tid> AND outkey_all='Y' ORDER BY hits DESC LIMIT 17Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT * FROM table_info WHERE table_name='ib_articles' LIMIT 1Host 'subweb.ibtimes.com' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL serverSELECT id as num FROM ib_articles ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 5