Video Leak of iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C Show Champagne-Coloured Device; New iOS Apps Debut as iOS 7 Rumours Abound
By Gel Galang | August 28, 2013 12:45 PM EST
But this time, a new video has been revealed featuring three devices, the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 5C in relation to the iPhone 5, to see the differences and the similarities in design.
As can be seen in the video, the iPhone 5S is approximately the same size as the iPhone 5, so any hopes of the screen being bigger will probably depend on a smaller bezel on all sides.
With regard to thickness, there is a noticeable thinness to the new iPhone compared to the old one, which can mean that it will be lighter as well. Design-wise, the back cover is very reminiscent of the old iPhone 5, which can mean that the iPhone 5S is more a refresh than anything else.
As for the iPhone 5C, you have a more rounded body which is smaller compared to the iPhone 5S, but the plastic finish really gives it a more low-end look than the shiny finish of the new iPhones.
iOS 7: More Rumours Before September
Apple has a number of expected devices and software to be delivered come September, and it seemed that the iOS 7 is joining the list.
An email has recently been leaked from developer Owen Williams, and according to The Verge, it stated that the iOS 7 will be released on September 10.
The iPhone 5S has already been reported to go public on the same day, which is a different approach to what Apple usually does when it releases a version of its software.
One possibility that the report speculated on is that the iOS 7 that will be released is one meant for developers. This way, there will still be some time for the creation of new apps before the iOS 7 finally rolls out to the public.
New iOS Apps Aleady Out
If you check out What's on Apple TV today, you will find that there are a number of new apps that have debuted for this week, starting with VEVO music video channel.
According to MacRumors, the VEVO app will allow users to access the video library, which contains over 75,000 music videos, a quick browse command for searching and watching the latest videos, and a more efficient overall design for the app.
Another app that has recently debuted is Disney, which brings two apps the, Disney Channel and Disney XD, offering access to content for select providers. The Smithsonian Channel is now also available, bringing in streaming capabilities for several episodes.
Lastly, The Weather Channel is also in the TV Apps section for stories, shows and forecasts.
Aside from TV apps, a new gaming app from Electronic Arts was released, the Madden 25 app, in commemoration of the 25th anniversary of the game. The app is exclusive for the iOS as a free-to-play game, changing its direction from the previous trends of charging an amount for it.
The free-to-play format may not be as great as it seems though, as Phone Arena reported that some features in the game like the energy meter hurt more than help the free-to-play experience. But as a whole, Madden 25 is a game worth getting into.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Google Can Kill Samsung with Android KitKat and Android One: Here's How