Android 4.3 Jelly Bean ROM has leaked for the HTC One before the scheduled release on September 2013. The newest Android version brings additional features which improved system performance and fixed major bugs. What will HTC One get on once updated to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean?
Android 4.3 ROM Leaks Out
A customised ROM made from Android 4.3 Jelly Bean leaks out for the HTC One international version. The pre-release ROM is coined as Maximus HD 12", made by LlabTooFeR and scheduled to be out on August 28, 2013. Maximus HD 12" runs Android 4.3, HTC Sense 5 with firmware version 3.09.401.1 but not yet finalised. Some changes include:
- Add your own music to video reels
- New Task Manager
- Smoother animations
- Camera software with highlight reel features
- Better music syncing
- Wi-Fi location scanning
- OpenGL ES 3.0 support
- New sounds added
- Faster performance
HTC skipped Android 4.2.2 update for the One and decided to go straight ahead with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, the same method what Sony is doing right now among its Xperia Z family. Skipping ahead to the latest Android version saves more time and effort.
HTC's president of global sales Jason Mackenzie made a statement in Twitter regarding the upcoming Android 4.3 update to all United States variants of the HTC One.
"Lots of questions regarding 4.3 release for One. We are working hard (needs certification) to release 4.3 across all U.S., Canada scheduled by end of September. DNA as well."
According to PHAndroid, Mackenzie mentions that the motivating factor is the "minor" update brought by Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean - offering only a "limited customer benefit." HTC may be following the same trend of its competitors such as Samsung and Sony skipping Android 4.2.2 in favour of Android 4.3.
Top Features of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for HTC One
1. Bluetooth Smart: HTC One will be able to support low-energy Bluetooth Smart accessories found in fitness sensors, heart rate and thermometers
2. OpenGL ES 3.0: Games will look better using the 3D realistic, high performance graphics by OpenGL ES version 3.0.
3. Virtual Surround Sound: Google Play movies can become more enjoyable with the surround sound from Fraunhofer Cingo mobile audio technology.
4. Wi-Fi location scanning: Wi-Fi can now detect location without turning on the wireless connectivity all the time.
5. Restricted Profiles: Although this feature is mainly used for tablet, restricted profiles limit access to applications and content on your device.
6. Additional languages: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean supports Afrikaans, Amharic, Hindi, Swahili and Zulu.
7. Keyboard and Input: Easier text input and lower latency for gamepad buttons or joysticks.
8. Setup Wizard Simplified: Getting started with Android 4.3 is now easier.
9. Enhanced Photo Daydream: Daydream feature has been enhanced.
10. Overall system improvements: Battery life extended, quicker lock screen switching, and Project Butter.
To contact the editor, e-mail: