Apollo 17 Captures Glowing UFO Above Moon [PHOTO]
By Drishya Nair | August 27, 2013 6:35 PM EST
The UFO was spotted by UFO enthusiast and blogger Scott C Waring, who wrote about it on his website UFO Sightings Daily.
"This UFO was near the Apollo 17 astronauts who took this photo. Possibly an alien drone sent to investigate the human landing party of Apollo 17. Certainly it's not an insect on the moon, but then again, we really have no idea what's out there in space", Waring wrote on his blog.
Waring, who is an author of four books and has written several articles on the subject, is a firm believer of the existence of alien life. He discovered the UFO over the moon on Saturday.
"Scientists assume they know what's out there, yet humanity doesn't even know half the creatures in our own oceans. One major thing I learned in this area is...if aliens exist, then anything is possible in this universe", he added.
Apollo 17 was the sixth and final mission of the United States' Apollo lunar landing programme. It was launched on 7 December 1972.
"This Apollo 17 Image Library contains all of the pictures taken on the lunar surface by the astronauts together with pictures from pre-flight training and pictures of equipment and the flight hardware," NASA's official website says about the images.
On Sunday, Waring had also pointed out a disc-shaped UFO hovering over Mars, photographed by NASA's Curiosity Rover.
"Look at this awesome discovery in not one but two Nasa photos (Sol 369 and Sol 370). Both of which show the same UFO in different positions. These are typical alien flying saucers or discs that have been seen for many decades around the world", Waring wrote on his blog.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- HIV Cure: First Effective Cure to Have Long-Term Remission; 3 Factors to Check on Inactive Virus
- Coming Soon: AntiViral Gel in Condoms to Kill HIV Virus
- Melbourne Man Gives Up Sex For a Year; Donates £50,000 in Charity
- FDA Prioritises Review of ‘Abuse-Deterrent’ Painkiller
- Rapid Rise in Flu; Hospitals in New Zealand Struggle
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales