A new official build, with build version XXUCMG1 based on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean has been released for the Wi-Fi version of the Galaxy Note 10.1 bearing model number GT-N8010. The update is currently rolling to several European countries including Spain, Finland and Serbia.
Users from aforementioned countries can grab the update through Samsung Kies Utility or via OTA update feature from Settings>> About tablet>> Software Update. The XXUCMG1 is an unbranded version of firmware, which means it can be installed on any unlocked GT-N8010 unit, regardless of country or region.
4.1.2 update released for the Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010.
Those who failed to update their devices using either of the official method for being region specific may follow our step-by-step guide to install the update manually using Odin flashing tool.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any mishap. Users are advised to verify that their devices meet following requirements.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 on the computer to connect the Android device with computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on tablet to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and check USB Debugging Mode.]
3) As the tutorial is likely to wipe all data of the tablet, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as ClockworkMod/TWRP already installed then backup all the data using the recovery.
4) Ensure the battery of the Galaxy tablet is having charge above 80%.
5) The tablet should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The device will no longer belong to a rooted version once official firmware is installed.
7) The tablet will lose custom firmware with the installation of official build. Additionally, it will lose custom recovery which will be replaced by stock recovery.
8) XXUCMG1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean works only with Samsung Note 10.1 N8010. As flashing this on any incorrect variant might brick the device, verify the model number of the Galaxy device by navigating to Settings>> About tablet>> Model number.
Steps to install XXUCMG1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010
Step-1: Download XXUCMG1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official update for Galaxy Note 10.1 to computer
Download links (Courtesy of Samsung Updates)
XXUCMG1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean [Spain]
XXUCMG1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean [Finland]
XXUCMG1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean [Serbia]
XXUCMG1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean [Slovakia]
XXUCMG1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean [Croatia]
Step-2: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using winrar/7zip/winzip or any other extracting tool to get a file with .tar.md5 extension with some other files
Step-3: Download Odin v3.07. Extract the Odin zip to get Odin3 v3.07.exe and few other files
Step-4: Turn off the Galaxy Note and wait for about five to six seconds for vibration to confirm complete power off
Step-5: Boot the Note into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot appears on the screen. Now press the Volume Up button to continue to enter into Download Mode
Step-6: Run Odin3 v3.07.exe on the computer as Administrator [To do so, right-click on Odin.exe file then click on Run as administrator from context menu.]
Step-7: Connect the tablet to computer using USB cable while it is in Download Mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the tablet is connected to the computer successfully, an Added message will appear under Odin message box. Also, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn blue with the COM port number indicating successful connection
Note: If the Added message does not come then try another USB port, try the one located at the back side of the computer. In case Odin still fails to recognise the device then re-install USB driver.
Step-8: Select the files extracted from N8010XXUCMG1 folder to install on the tablet
a) Click the PDA button and select the file with .tar.md5 extension
b) Click the Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name
c) Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT and select the .pit file
Note: Ignore the last three steps (b, c and d) in case such files are not found.
Step-9: Ensure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected. As for the Re-Partition, uncheck the option and select only when a .pit file is being used
Step-10: Click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and would take few minutes to complete
Step-11: Once the installation process is completed, the tablet will reboot automatically. And soon a PASS message with green background will appear in the extreme left box at the very top of Odin. Unplug the USB cable from the tablet to disconnect it from the computer
The Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 should be now updated with the latest XXUCMG1 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official firmware. Navigate to Settings>> About tablet to verify the new software version running on the device.
How to fix bootloop issue:
Sometimes the galaxy Note 10.1 gets stuck at boot animation or Samsung logo (after step-11). If this happens then go to recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power buttons together. In the recovery mode, perform data wiping task by selecting wipe data/factory reset then select Wipe Cache Partition. When the wiping task is done, reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now. In recovery mode, use the Volume buttons to navigate between options and Power button to select the desired option. It should be noted that performing data wiping task will erase the internal memory data of the device.
Also read: XXDMF3 Android 4.1.2 Available for Galaxy Note 2 [How to Install]
[Source: Droid Firmwares]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail: