David Moyes will be on the touchline in his first competitive home game as Manchester United manager, when the English champions host Chelsea in a Premier League fixture at Old Trafford on Monday.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 8pm BST. Live coverage is on Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 1 HD. Radio commentary of the game will be available on BBC Radio 5 Live.
United had mixed results during pre-season, registering two wins out of seven games and losing three in the process. However, the Premier League champions bounced back with a 2-0 victory over Wigan Athletic in the FA Community Shield.
Moyes started his Premier League campaign with a 4-1 win over Swansea City at the Liberty Stadium. Last season's top scorer Robin van Persie made it on the scoresheet for the second week in a row, after his double at Wembley.
The former Arsenal skipper scored twice and Danny Welbeck's two goals sealed a comfortable victory for United. Moyes will be looking for three points against Chelsea on Monday evening as a result at Old Trafford could see them gain much-needed momentum before facing Liverpool at Anfield on 1 September.
Meanwhile, Chelsea come into this game after winning their first two league fixtures of the season. Jose Mourinho saw his second homecoming to Stamford Bridge kick start with a 2-0 win over Hull City before sealing a narrow 2-1 win over Aston Villa midweek.
An Antonio Luna own goal and a Branislav Ivanovic header sealed victory for the Blues. Chelsea are on top of the Premier League table with six points from the first two games, while United are seventh with three points after one game.
A victory for either club could see them take top place after Manchester City suffered a 3-2 defeat to Cardiff City on Sunday. Chelsea next face Champions League winners Bayern Munich during the UEFA Super Cup on Friday.
What the Managers Say
David Moyes: "There is lots I've been looking forward to: taking the team on tour, leading them at Wembley. But to do it [lead the team out] at Old Trafford for the first game against Chelsea is a thrill, it really is."
Jose Mourinho: "I lost, I won, I drew. I knocked them out of the Champions League, I was knocked out in the Champions League. I have everything against them. Maybe I won more than lost. Maybe. But playing Man United - I always say the same - gives me pleasure. I like it."
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): W W L D W
- Last Result: Manchester United 2 - 0 Wigan Athletic
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): W W L W W
- Last Result: Chelsea 2 - 1 Aston Villa
- Injuries: Rafael da Silva (hamstring), Darren Fletcher (bowel condition)
- Doubtful: Ashley Young (ankle), Luis Nani (groin), Javier Hernandez (hamstring)
- Suspended: N/A
Probable Lineup: De Gea; Jones, Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Cleverley, Welbeck; Rooney, Van Persie
- Injuries: David Luiz (hamstring)
- Doubtful: N/A
- Suspended: N/A
Probable Lineup: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole; Lampard, Ramires; Hazard, Oscar, Mata; Lukaku
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Models' Ramp Walk Aired on Tuesday [PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Bold, Sexy and Sensuous Lingerie Fashion [PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Drooling Guys, Conscious Girls, Naughty Jokes on Twitter [SEE PHOTOS]
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2013: Best Pictures From The Sexiest Show Ever [ SEE PHOTOS/VIDEOS]