iPhone 5S, 5C Release Date Delayed in China for Three Months
By Kristin Dian Mariano | August 26, 2013 4:03 PM EST
Chinese Web site First Financial Daily stated that iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C will arrive in China on November 28. The China launch will happen almost three months later of the alleged release date of Apple's new iPhones on September 10.
The delayed release date is because the iPhone models have not gained approval yet from China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology. The report also notes that the Qualcomm radios in the upcoming iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C will support China Mobile's network.
The report also said that Qualcomm radios in the upcoming iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C will support China Mobile's network.
The full-fledged iPhone is rumoured to come with a larger screen display, A7 quad core processor and 3GB of RAM. New software features can be expected on the new iOS 7. The cheaper iPhone 5C, on the other hand, is expected to come with the specs of the current iPhone 5 as well as a plastic casing and in five colours.
iPhone 5S release date along with iPhone 5C may happen on September 10 in US and will arrive in Japan on September 20.
Japanese news Web site Nikkei stated that iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C will land in Japan on September. There were also previous reports that claimed that the upcoming iPhone 5S will arrive in Greece on September 20. Thus, it is speculated that September 20 is the worldwide release of the upcoming of the new iPhones.
Based on previous iPhone releases, the handset is made available a few days after Apple announces it. Last year, iPhone 5 arrived nine days after it was announced. Thus, a worldwide release on September 20 is not impossible.
However, Apple has not yet confirmed the rumours about iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]