Minecraft Xbox 360 TU 12 Passed Testing, Now Rolling Out; Tips on How To Get Started with Ocelots and Jungle Trees
By Gel Galang | August 26, 2013 3:08 PM EST
After a long and hard wait, the "Minecraft Xbox 360" TU 12 has finally passed Microsoft Cert Testing and is now live and rolling out.
"TU12 has passed Microsoft Cert test, and is rolling out now! May take some time to be available everywhere," said 4J Studios in a tweet.
Developers seemed to have had a great time producing the most recent update, as 4J Studios also hinted at hidden music discs that can be found in the tutorial level of TU 12.
But sadly, those who have been waiting for the mash-up and texture packs will have to do some more waiting.
"There are no Mash-up or Texture Packs available yet. We're waiting for legal sign-off before we can reveal the first pack."
This suggested that there will be a Part 2 or even a Part 3 to the downloadable TU 12, something that fans have speculated on during the Microsoft Cert Testing stage. Previously, the TU 12 has been reported to feature several additions and bug fixes that may prove to be impossible to fit in just one single rollout.
Get Started on the 'Minecraft: Xbox 360' TU 12 by Taming an Ocelot
One of the additions for the "Minecraft: Xbox 360" TU 12 are the ocelots, which are found in jungle biomes and are animals based on the real-life ocelots.
"Whenever you are trying to tame an ocelot, you have to be in the crouched position and have a raw fish," said YouTube account holder Eskimo - Minecraft Xbox 360.
In the video, you can see immediately that the ocelots will come to you once that move above is executed. Once an ocelot is near you, all you have to do is start tapping the left trigger.
You will know that the ocelot has been tamed once the appearance changes--from a fierce leopard look to an almost kitty-like appearance. Big blobs of hearts should have also come out from the tamed ocelot to give an even bigger and more obvious clue.
Check out the short clip here to get started on taming your very own ocelots, so they can help chase away creepers.
Growing Jungle Trees
Another video by Eskimo and also recommended by 4J Studios on their official Twitter account is all about growing your own jungle tree. This new plant is another addition that comes with the Minecraft Xbox 360 TU 12.
Compared to other trees, jungle trees are not as easy to grow, as it involves planting more than just one jungle tree to get the big effect.
"What you do to get a jungle trees is rather than just placing them on a single block, you do it on a two-by-two area like that. So there's four in a tiny little square like that, and then use the bone meal," said Eskimo.
There are chances of getting a smaller jungle tree with this method, but there are also times wherein a big jungle trees sprouts.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'GTA V' For PC, PS4, Xbox One: More DLC Updates And Release Confirmed This Fall
- Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire May Not Be The Only Pokemon Game With This ‘Shocking’ Project
- 'Minecraft' 1.8 Update Gets 'Minecraft' 14w34b Snapshot, 'Minecraft PS Vita' Trailer And A Possible Oculus Rift Port
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. Asus Zenfone 4 Price And Specifications Comparison [WATCH VIDEOS]
- PS4 News: An Update On Project Morpheus And 2 More Games Coming To It
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region