Minecraft Xbox 360 TU 12 Passed Testing, Now Rolling Out; Tips on How To Get Started with Ocelots and Jungle Trees
By Gel Galang | August 26, 2013 3:08 PM EST
After a long and hard wait, the "Minecraft Xbox 360" TU 12 has finally passed Microsoft Cert Testing and is now live and rolling out.
"TU12 has passed Microsoft Cert test, and is rolling out now! May take some time to be available everywhere," said 4J Studios in a tweet.
Developers seemed to have had a great time producing the most recent update, as 4J Studios also hinted at hidden music discs that can be found in the tutorial level of TU 12.
But sadly, those who have been waiting for the mash-up and texture packs will have to do some more waiting.
"There are no Mash-up or Texture Packs available yet. We're waiting for legal sign-off before we can reveal the first pack."
This suggested that there will be a Part 2 or even a Part 3 to the downloadable TU 12, something that fans have speculated on during the Microsoft Cert Testing stage. Previously, the TU 12 has been reported to feature several additions and bug fixes that may prove to be impossible to fit in just one single rollout.
Get Started on the 'Minecraft: Xbox 360' TU 12 by Taming an Ocelot
One of the additions for the "Minecraft: Xbox 360" TU 12 are the ocelots, which are found in jungle biomes and are animals based on the real-life ocelots.
"Whenever you are trying to tame an ocelot, you have to be in the crouched position and have a raw fish," said YouTube account holder Eskimo - Minecraft Xbox 360.
In the video, you can see immediately that the ocelots will come to you once that move above is executed. Once an ocelot is near you, all you have to do is start tapping the left trigger.
You will know that the ocelot has been tamed once the appearance changes--from a fierce leopard look to an almost kitty-like appearance. Big blobs of hearts should have also come out from the tamed ocelot to give an even bigger and more obvious clue.
Check out the short clip here to get started on taming your very own ocelots, so they can help chase away creepers.
Growing Jungle Trees
Another video by Eskimo and also recommended by 4J Studios on their official Twitter account is all about growing your own jungle tree. This new plant is another addition that comes with the Minecraft Xbox 360 TU 12.
Compared to other trees, jungle trees are not as easy to grow, as it involves planting more than just one jungle tree to get the big effect.
"What you do to get a jungle trees is rather than just placing them on a single block, you do it on a two-by-two area like that. So there's four in a tiny little square like that, and then use the bone meal," said Eskimo.
There are chances of getting a smaller jungle tree with this method, but there are also times wherein a big jungle trees sprouts.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports