NZ's Music Sensation Lorde To Perform in Australia in October; Two of Six Shows Sold-Out (VIDEO)
By Ria Kristina Torrente | August 26, 2013 2:57 PM EST
The 16-year-old 'Royals' singer, whose real name is Ella Yelich-O'Connor, took the social media world by storm when she uploaded her first EP, The Love Club, online for free, in November.
Royals, her debut single influenced by R&B sound, soared number one in New Zealand's Top 40 charts for a number of weeks. Time named her as artist to watch for 2013, and described her as a singer with a "soulful voice that stays effortlessly cool even while it quivers with emotion."
She music was compared to artists such as James Blake, Florence Welch of Florence and the Machine, Portishead and Lana Del Ray but shines in uniquely on her own.
At 16, she is set to release her full-length album on Sept 27. Lorde has been collecting millions of fans, including popular Hollywood celebrities Selena Gomez, blogger Perez Hilton and musicians Moby and The Weeknd, who did a cover of Royals.
Here are the following dates and venues for her Australian tour. Tickets will go on sale on Aug 19.
October 16, Wednesday
The Zoo, Brisbane QLD
October 17 and 18, Thursday and Friday
Metro Theatre, Sydney NSW
October 19, Saturday
Zierholz @ UC, Canberra ACT
October 21 and 22, Monday and Tuesday (SOLD OUT)
The Corner Hotel, Melbourne VIC
Watch her performance at the 2013 Splendour in the Grass below:
Video credit: Youtube/ Killerconcerts88
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 Winner Revealed: Celebs And Eliminated Contestants React Plus Who Will Mentor In Season 8
- ‘Jurassic World’ Director Teases New Image Featuring Chris Pratt In A Friendly Pose With A Raptor [Spoilers]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results Recap: And The Winner Is… (Spoilers)
- Bookmaker Suspends Bets on Queen Elizabeth II Christmas Day Abdication Announcement