‘Glee’ Star Lea Michele Wears ‘Finn’ Necklace As Tribute To Late Boyfriend Cory Monteith
By Anne Lu | August 26, 2013 2:30 PM EST
Lea Michele has posted a photo of her wearing a “Finn” necklace, a tribute to her late boyfriend Cory Monteith, who played the character on “Glee.” The 26-year-old actress shared the photo while on the set of the U.S. TV show.
Lea was filming the tribute episode for Cory, who died on July 13 of heroin and alcohol overdose, on Friday when she posted the close-up shot of her gold “Finn” necklace.
“Today... <3” she captioned the photo with a heart icon.
The cast and producers of the show remain tight-lipped on how they would play out the Canadian actor’s death on air, but according to an eonline.com source, viewers can expect to “cry from beginning to end.”
According to the celebrity Web site, the episode focuses on the death of Finn Hudson, Cory’s character, and takes place in Lima, Ohio. It does not reveal how Finn died, but the episode will start off with the news of his death.
Lea, Cory’s real life girlfriend and who plays Finn’s love interest Rachel Berry, will also reportedly not appear in the episode until the final act. Although her presence is limited, the Web site described it as “incredibly powerful.”
Naya Rivera, as the cheerleader Sandaya Lopez, will also have a memorable part in the heartbreaking episode.
“Just read Cory Monteith memorial episode,” co-star Jane Lynch wrote on Twitter on Wednesday. “Most beautiful thing. Thank you, @MrRPMurphy @BFalchuck Ian Brennan.”
According to show creator Ryan Murphy, they had mulled over having Finn died after an accidental overdose in the show, a reminiscent of Cory’s cause of death. But they decided not to pursue on that direction.
“Basically, what we’re doing in the episode is we are not telling you yet, or maybe not at all, how that character died,” he told Deadline.
“The idea being, how somebody died is interesting and maybe morbid, but we say very clearly on in the episode, ‘This episode is a celebration of that character’s life.’ That might be weird for some people, but it felt really exploitative to do it any other way.”
Lea recently dedicated her win at the Teen Choice Awards to Cory. She won Choice TV Actress in a comedy in early August, wearing a “Cory” necklace similar on stage.
“I just wanted to be here today to personally thank all of you and tell everyone out there how much all of your love and support has meant to me over these very past difficult weeks,” a tearful Lea told the audience.
“Not that I had doubt before, but you guys are certainly the greatest fans in the world, and I want to dedicate this award to Cory.”
Tragic End: Lee Thompson Young And Other Celebrities Who Committed Suicide [Read]
Princess Diana’s Lover Hasnat Khan Slams Biopic, Calls ‘Diana’ Film ‘Completely Wrong’ [Read]
Angelina Jolie Speaks Up On ‘Sickening’ Syrian Attack + Actress Latest Victim Of Online Death Hoax [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Severe iPhone 6 Supply Shortage Will Last Until Q1 2015 as Apple Grapples to Meet Heavy Demand