Google Nexus 10 2 Release Date to Boast New Design, Features and Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | August 26, 2013 2:22 PM EST
Google Nexus 10 2 release date may happen sooner than later, according to Android representative.
Android representative Sundar Pichai hinted that the Google Nexus 10 2 release date will be in the "near future."
"Expect to see new 10-inch Nexus 10 Android tablet (made by @Samsung) in the near future, Google's @sundarpichai tells me," Emir Efrait of Wall Street Journal tweeted. Although reports did not give a specific date, reports agreed that Samsung is working on the device that is bound for release just in time for the holidays.
However, no official release date has been announced yet by Google despite the swirling rumours on the launch date of the device.
Another evidence that the Google Nexus 10 2 release date may be soon is the deals and discounts on its predecessor. The price of the current Nexus 10 32 GB model has been slashed by $50 and is now available for just $449 on eBay. Retailers may be clearing out the previous Nexus 10 model for the launch of the new tablet.
The Google Nexus 10 2 is rumoured to improve the design of the device. The Nexus 10 2 may boast a 8.9-mm frame to reduce the size and weight of the tablet. The device will also include new features such as an expandable storage via MicroSD slot as well as LTE Connectivity support.
Lastly, the device will debut with the rumoured upcoming Android OS - 5.0 Key Lime Pie. This android operating system includes Linux 3.8 kernel that allows optimization on support on devices with 512 RAM. Moreover, an improved multiple device support is expected, along with an enhanced integration of social networking, and cross-device SMS syncing on Google cloud services.
Consumers may expect the Google Nexus 10 2 release date to happen around October and the device will hit the shelves by November just in time for the gift-giving season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery