Google Nexus 10 2 Release Date to Boast New Design, Features and Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | August 26, 2013 2:22 PM EST
Google Nexus 10 2 release date may happen sooner than later, according to Android representative.
Android representative Sundar Pichai hinted that the Google Nexus 10 2 release date will be in the "near future."
"Expect to see new 10-inch Nexus 10 Android tablet (made by @Samsung) in the near future, Google's @sundarpichai tells me," Emir Efrait of Wall Street Journal tweeted. Although reports did not give a specific date, reports agreed that Samsung is working on the device that is bound for release just in time for the holidays.
However, no official release date has been announced yet by Google despite the swirling rumours on the launch date of the device.
Another evidence that the Google Nexus 10 2 release date may be soon is the deals and discounts on its predecessor. The price of the current Nexus 10 32 GB model has been slashed by $50 and is now available for just $449 on eBay. Retailers may be clearing out the previous Nexus 10 model for the launch of the new tablet.
The Google Nexus 10 2 is rumoured to improve the design of the device. The Nexus 10 2 may boast a 8.9-mm frame to reduce the size and weight of the tablet. The device will also include new features such as an expandable storage via MicroSD slot as well as LTE Connectivity support.
Lastly, the device will debut with the rumoured upcoming Android OS - 5.0 Key Lime Pie. This android operating system includes Linux 3.8 kernel that allows optimization on support on devices with 512 RAM. Moreover, an improved multiple device support is expected, along with an enhanced integration of social networking, and cross-device SMS syncing on Google cloud services.
Consumers may expect the Google Nexus 10 2 release date to happen around October and the device will hit the shelves by November just in time for the gift-giving season.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast