Eminem Drops Marshall Mathers LP 2 on November 5 (VIDEO); Rapper Accused of Lip Synching at a Music Festival
By Ria Kristina Torrente | August 26, 2013 1:51 PM EST
Eminem aka Marshall Mathers is set to release his forthcoming album MMLP2 on November 5, a week before Lady Gaga's highly anticipated ARTPOP album hits record stores.
The Marshall Mathers LP 2 is his eight solo studio album, following 2010's Recovery. Berzerk, the new single from his latest album is slated for release on Aug 27. Meanwhile, his current single, Survival, is the soundtrack for the trailer of the video game Call of Duty: Ghosts, which also hits shelves on the day of his album release.
Eminem headlined the Main Stage of the 2013 Leeds Festival on Aug 25. The Lose Yourself rapper surprised the crowd with a full band, including guitarists, keyboard players and two drummers. NME reported that Rapper Royce Da 5'9 joined Eminem on stage for Criminal.
Dido also appeared on stage to sing her part in Eminem's hit single Stan. They hugged each other when the song came to an end.
Eminem's performance at the festival was questioned by some fans who took to Twitter that the rapper mimed during his performance. Reading & Leeds festival Boss Melvin Benn came to his rescue and defended that Eminem's set was live.
Speculations further arose when the 40-year-old rapper refused to let his Leeds performance be broadcasted by BBC on television.
The organizers tweeted:
Many were disappointed and one fan tweeted: "Wish I was watching eminem live right now. Gutted isn't the word."
Another fan posted: "Eminem Blocking the BBC from showing his performance live because its free! He is obviously the definition of a money driven p**ck!"
While another girl tweeted about his 'miming': "I'd be so pissed off if I was a huge Eminem fan and just saw him miming for 90 minutes,' while another that was there simply put: 'Eminem is miming. Disappointing. #ReadingFestival."
Eminem was not only the artist who refused a live broadcast of their performance. Beyonce also asked the organisers not to show her live set on television at last week's V Festival.
UK's Daily Mail also reported that the Rolling Stones only allowed BBC to tape their first four songs during their 2013 Glastonbury debut in July.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- The Bachelorette Season 10 (2014) Finale, ATFR Spoilers: Things to Know About ‘Surprising, Explosive Ending’ of Andi Dorfman’s Season
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC One E8 (Plastic Variant of HTC One M8) with 5-Inch Display, Dual-SIM, 801 Processor and 2 GB RAM to Hit New Markets Soon
- iPhone 6 Release Date in September 26 with Price Details and More Killer Features
- Apple iPad Mini Air: Three Fresh Features on the Smart Tablet to Wait for
- 4.7-Inch iPhone 6 Release Date is Sept 26 after iOS 8 GM Public Debut on Sept 17 – Reports