Eminem Drops Marshall Mathers LP 2 on November 5 (VIDEO); Rapper Accused of Lip Synching at a Music Festival
By Ria Kristina Torrente | August 26, 2013 1:51 PM EST
Eminem aka Marshall Mathers is set to release his forthcoming album MMLP2 on November 5, a week before Lady Gaga's highly anticipated ARTPOP album hits record stores.
The Marshall Mathers LP 2 is his eight solo studio album, following 2010's Recovery. Berzerk, the new single from his latest album is slated for release on Aug 27. Meanwhile, his current single, Survival, is the soundtrack for the trailer of the video game Call of Duty: Ghosts, which also hits shelves on the day of his album release.
Eminem headlined the Main Stage of the 2013 Leeds Festival on Aug 25. The Lose Yourself rapper surprised the crowd with a full band, including guitarists, keyboard players and two drummers. NME reported that Rapper Royce Da 5'9 joined Eminem on stage for Criminal.
Dido also appeared on stage to sing her part in Eminem's hit single Stan. They hugged each other when the song came to an end.
Eminem's performance at the festival was questioned by some fans who took to Twitter that the rapper mimed during his performance. Reading & Leeds festival Boss Melvin Benn came to his rescue and defended that Eminem's set was live.
Speculations further arose when the 40-year-old rapper refused to let his Leeds performance be broadcasted by BBC on television.
The organizers tweeted:
Many were disappointed and one fan tweeted: "Wish I was watching eminem live right now. Gutted isn't the word."
Another fan posted: "Eminem Blocking the BBC from showing his performance live because its free! He is obviously the definition of a money driven p**ck!"
While another girl tweeted about his 'miming': "I'd be so pissed off if I was a huge Eminem fan and just saw him miming for 90 minutes,' while another that was there simply put: 'Eminem is miming. Disappointing. #ReadingFestival."
Eminem was not only the artist who refused a live broadcast of their performance. Beyonce also asked the organisers not to show her live set on television at last week's V Festival.
UK's Daily Mail also reported that the Rolling Stones only allowed BBC to tape their first four songs during their 2013 Glastonbury debut in July.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around