Eminem Drops Marshall Mathers LP 2 on November 5 (VIDEO); Rapper Accused of Lip Synching at a Music Festival
By Ria Kristina Torrente | August 26, 2013 1:51 PM EST
Eminem aka Marshall Mathers is set to release his forthcoming album MMLP2 on November 5, a week before Lady Gaga's highly anticipated ARTPOP album hits record stores.
The Marshall Mathers LP 2 is his eight solo studio album, following 2010's Recovery. Berzerk, the new single from his latest album is slated for release on Aug 27. Meanwhile, his current single, Survival, is the soundtrack for the trailer of the video game Call of Duty: Ghosts, which also hits shelves on the day of his album release.
Eminem headlined the Main Stage of the 2013 Leeds Festival on Aug 25. The Lose Yourself rapper surprised the crowd with a full band, including guitarists, keyboard players and two drummers. NME reported that Rapper Royce Da 5'9 joined Eminem on stage for Criminal.
Dido also appeared on stage to sing her part in Eminem's hit single Stan. They hugged each other when the song came to an end.
Eminem's performance at the festival was questioned by some fans who took to Twitter that the rapper mimed during his performance. Reading & Leeds festival Boss Melvin Benn came to his rescue and defended that Eminem's set was live.
Speculations further arose when the 40-year-old rapper refused to let his Leeds performance be broadcasted by BBC on television.
The organizers tweeted:
Many were disappointed and one fan tweeted: "Wish I was watching eminem live right now. Gutted isn't the word."
Another fan posted: "Eminem Blocking the BBC from showing his performance live because its free! He is obviously the definition of a money driven p**ck!"
While another girl tweeted about his 'miming': "I'd be so pissed off if I was a huge Eminem fan and just saw him miming for 90 minutes,' while another that was there simply put: 'Eminem is miming. Disappointing. #ReadingFestival."
Eminem was not only the artist who refused a live broadcast of their performance. Beyonce also asked the organisers not to show her live set on television at last week's V Festival.
UK's Daily Mail also reported that the Rolling Stones only allowed BBC to tape their first four songs during their 2013 Glastonbury debut in July.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Sons of Anarchy Charlie Hunnam Heartbroken about Walking Away from Fifty Shades of Grey [VIDEO]
- The Walking Dead Season 5 Official Trailer Released Plus Premiere Date, Spoilers: Gun Battle, Zombies, Beth Greene [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE-A Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Rolls Out: When to Hit Your Region
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide