Eminem Drops Marshall Mathers LP 2 on November 5 (VIDEO); Rapper Accused of Lip Synching at a Music Festival
By Ria Kristina Torrente | August 26, 2013 1:51 PM EST
Eminem aka Marshall Mathers is set to release his forthcoming album MMLP2 on November 5, a week before Lady Gaga's highly anticipated ARTPOP album hits record stores.
The Marshall Mathers LP 2 is his eight solo studio album, following 2010's Recovery. Berzerk, the new single from his latest album is slated for release on Aug 27. Meanwhile, his current single, Survival, is the soundtrack for the trailer of the video game Call of Duty: Ghosts, which also hits shelves on the day of his album release.
Eminem headlined the Main Stage of the 2013 Leeds Festival on Aug 25. The Lose Yourself rapper surprised the crowd with a full band, including guitarists, keyboard players and two drummers. NME reported that Rapper Royce Da 5'9 joined Eminem on stage for Criminal.
Dido also appeared on stage to sing her part in Eminem's hit single Stan. They hugged each other when the song came to an end.
Eminem's performance at the festival was questioned by some fans who took to Twitter that the rapper mimed during his performance. Reading & Leeds festival Boss Melvin Benn came to his rescue and defended that Eminem's set was live.
Speculations further arose when the 40-year-old rapper refused to let his Leeds performance be broadcasted by BBC on television.
The organizers tweeted:
Many were disappointed and one fan tweeted: "Wish I was watching eminem live right now. Gutted isn't the word."
Another fan posted: "Eminem Blocking the BBC from showing his performance live because its free! He is obviously the definition of a money driven p**ck!"
While another girl tweeted about his 'miming': "I'd be so pissed off if I was a huge Eminem fan and just saw him miming for 90 minutes,' while another that was there simply put: 'Eminem is miming. Disappointing. #ReadingFestival."
Eminem was not only the artist who refused a live broadcast of their performance. Beyonce also asked the organisers not to show her live set on television at last week's V Festival.
UK's Daily Mail also reported that the Rolling Stones only allowed BBC to tape their first four songs during their 2013 Glastonbury debut in July.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery