Indian Stock Markets Expected to Advance on Monday
By satyanagendra padala | August 26, 2013 12:46 PM EST
Indian stocks markets are expected to advance for the third straight session on Monday as firm trend in global markets and the rupee’s recovery may offer support to market sentiment.
The BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty ended with gains for the second straight session on Friday, helped by gains in capital goods, banking and energy sector shares. Both major benchmark indices surged more than 3 percent in the last two sessions as the Indian rupee recovered from its new all time low of 65.56 recorded on Thursday.
Asian stock markets mostly advanced on Monday, tracking positive cues from Wall Street Friday as disappointing housing data raised hopes that the Federal Reserve will have bond purchases tapering.
"We have been calling for the actual taper to start in October as we believe the September meeting will be the blueprint meeting; where the Fed will spell out exactly when, how, with what conditions and with a fluid timeline to completion,” Evan Lucas, market strategist at IG in Melbourne, told Reuters.
US stock markets advanced on Friday on hopes that weaker-than-expected new home sales data slightly eased concerns that the Fed may start scaling back its asset buying program as soon as next month. The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 0.31 percent, the S&P 500 Index was up 0.39 percent and the Nasdaq Composite Index rose 0.52 percent.
Data released by the US Census Bureau on Friday showed that new home sales declined to a seasonally adjusted annualised rate of 394,000 in July, down from a revised June rate of 455,000 and also widely missed of analysts’ estimation of 490,000.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3