Indian Stock Markets Expected to Advance on Monday
By satyanagendra padala | August 26, 2013 12:46 PM EST
Indian stocks markets are expected to advance for the third straight session on Monday as firm trend in global markets and the rupee’s recovery may offer support to market sentiment.
The BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty ended with gains for the second straight session on Friday, helped by gains in capital goods, banking and energy sector shares. Both major benchmark indices surged more than 3 percent in the last two sessions as the Indian rupee recovered from its new all time low of 65.56 recorded on Thursday.
Asian stock markets mostly advanced on Monday, tracking positive cues from Wall Street Friday as disappointing housing data raised hopes that the Federal Reserve will have bond purchases tapering.
"We have been calling for the actual taper to start in October as we believe the September meeting will be the blueprint meeting; where the Fed will spell out exactly when, how, with what conditions and with a fluid timeline to completion,” Evan Lucas, market strategist at IG in Melbourne, told Reuters.
US stock markets advanced on Friday on hopes that weaker-than-expected new home sales data slightly eased concerns that the Fed may start scaling back its asset buying program as soon as next month. The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 0.31 percent, the S&P 500 Index was up 0.39 percent and the Nasdaq Composite Index rose 0.52 percent.
Data released by the US Census Bureau on Friday showed that new home sales declined to a seasonally adjusted annualised rate of 394,000 in July, down from a revised June rate of 455,000 and also widely missed of analysts’ estimation of 490,000.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy
- Ebola Divides The US: More States Begin Applying Stricter Guidelines Than What CDC Imposed
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- FIFA May Keep Russia and Ukraine Apart in World Cup 2018
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family