Indian Stock Markets Expected to Advance on Monday
By satyanagendra padala | August 26, 2013 12:46 PM EST
Indian stocks markets are expected to advance for the third straight session on Monday as firm trend in global markets and the rupee’s recovery may offer support to market sentiment.
The BSE Sensex and NSE Nifty ended with gains for the second straight session on Friday, helped by gains in capital goods, banking and energy sector shares. Both major benchmark indices surged more than 3 percent in the last two sessions as the Indian rupee recovered from its new all time low of 65.56 recorded on Thursday.
Asian stock markets mostly advanced on Monday, tracking positive cues from Wall Street Friday as disappointing housing data raised hopes that the Federal Reserve will have bond purchases tapering.
"We have been calling for the actual taper to start in October as we believe the September meeting will be the blueprint meeting; where the Fed will spell out exactly when, how, with what conditions and with a fluid timeline to completion,” Evan Lucas, market strategist at IG in Melbourne, told Reuters.
US stock markets advanced on Friday on hopes that weaker-than-expected new home sales data slightly eased concerns that the Fed may start scaling back its asset buying program as soon as next month. The Dow Jones Industrial Average gained 0.31 percent, the S&P 500 Index was up 0.39 percent and the Nasdaq Composite Index rose 0.52 percent.
Data released by the US Census Bureau on Friday showed that new home sales declined to a seasonally adjusted annualised rate of 394,000 in July, down from a revised June rate of 455,000 and also widely missed of analysts’ estimation of 490,000.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday July 23, 2014
- Major European & U.S. Airlines Cancel Flights to Israel after Rocket Attack on Tel Aviv Airport
- Australian Stock Market Report – Midday July 24, 2014
- Alibaba Okays Yahoo Request to Sell 140 Million Shares Via IPO, 68 Million to Be Sold to Shareholders
- Australian Stock Market Report –Afternoon July 24, 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales