Cardiff City play their first home game in the top flight of English football for 51 years on Sunday, when they take on Manchester City in the Premier League at Cardiff City Stadium.
Where to Watch Live
Kick-off is set for 4pm BST. Live coverage is on Sky Sports 1 and Sky Sports 1 HD. Radio commentary will be available on BBC Radio 5 Live.
The Bluebirds come into this game after losing the season's opener 2-0 to West Ham United. Former Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole opened the scoring during the first quarter of the game while Kevin Nolan's second-half goal left Cardiff waiting for their first Premier League win.
Malky Mackay's team were promoted after finishing top of the Championship last season. They are the second Wales club to feature in the Premier League, alongside bitter rivals Swansea City.
Manchester City enter the weekend fixture after giving new manager Manuel Pellegrini a dream start to his City career. The Chilean manager saw his side register a comfortable 4-0 victory over 10-man Newcastle United on Monday.
David Silva netted the first goal in the early stages of the game before Sergio Aguero added a second. Shortly afterwards, referee Andre Marriner issued a straight red to Steven Taylor for a forearm smash on the City striker.
The Etihad club carried on the second half where they left off, with Yaya Toure and Samir Nasri adding further goals. City could have scored more, but were denied repeatedly by the heroics of Tim Krul in the Newcastle goal. A win against Cardiff would take Manchester City top of the table for at least 24 hours.
What Managers Say
Malky Mackay: "I look at the players they [City] have coming off the bench and the impact they have as well. They are a top team. We have got to try and make our stadium a fortress We have to make sure that it is a tough ask for any team that comes down to our stadium. We will have tough teams coming, top teams coming here and it will be a test for us, but we are relishing that."
Manuel Pellegrini: "We know Cardiff are a very difficult team. We know they are at home and are in the first season. We will need to play an excellent game without errors to get another three points. We are trying to play everywhere the way I think is better for us. We played a very good game in the way I want this team to play."
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): L W D D D
- Last Result: West Ham United 2-0 Cardiff City
- Last Five (all competitions, most recent first): W L L W W
- Last Result: Manchester City 4-0 Newcastle United
- Injured: N/A
- Doubtful: N/A
- Suspended: N/A
Probable Lineup: Marshall; Connolly, Caulker, Turner, Taylor; Medel, Kim, Gunnarsson, Whittingham; Bellamy; Campbell
- Injured: Vincent Kompany (groin), Micah Richards (knee)
- Doubtful: N/A
- Suspended: N/A
Probable Lineup: Hart; Zabeleta, Nastasic, Lescott, Clichy; Garcia, Toure; Navas, Fernandinho, Silva; Aguero
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 10 Highest-Paid Tennis Athletes as Ranked by Forbes: Roger Federer, Maria Sharapova, Novak Djokovic and More
- Meet the Aussie “Belieber” Who Survived Car Accident When Kept Conscious by A Friend Talking About Justin Bieber [PHOTOS/VIDEO]
- "The Great Gatsby" vs. "The Rocket" at AACTA Awards 2014: What You Should Know About Top Feature Films Leading Aussie Oscars Nominations [PHOTOS/VIDEOS]