Prince William And Kate Middleton Send Thank-You Cards To Well-Wishers
By Anne Lu | August 25, 2013 11:56 AM EST
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Kate Middleton, were “most touched” by the greetings the people have sent them when their son, Prince George, was born. The royal couple sent thank-you cards to everyone who “took the trouble” to wish them well.
William and Kate have sent the cards to well-wishers who sent them messages of congratulations and have included their address. On the front of the card is the image of the first image of the first-time parents with George outside the Lido Wing of St Mary’s Hospital in London a day after the future king’s birth on July 22.
“The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were most touched that you took the trouble to write as you did on the occasion of the birth of their son Prince George,” the message on the cards reads.
“Their Royal Highnesses have been overwhelmed by all the wonderful messages they have received and send you their warmest thanks and best wishes.”
Brighton, East Sussex resident Zoe Hall was among those who sent the royal family a message and received a thank-you card.
“I sent the card the day after the birth was announced in July and I am amazed I got a reply so quickly,” Ms Hall, 25, told The Telegraph. “I am absolutely thrilled and will definitely be getting it framed.
“I wanted to send a card as I was excited about the announcement. After watching the Royal wedding and seeing their public appearances you start to feel part of their lives.
“It is nice they are recognising people’s interest in them.”
A spokesman for the Kensington Palace explained to the UK paper, “The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very grateful for the support and goodwill being expressed at this happy time and wated to acknowledge the letters and gifts they have received.”
He added that William and Kate will continue to send thank-you cards to the members of the public who sent their warm wishes and have provided their return address.
When Kate’s pregnancy was announced, members of the public also sent their congratulations to the couple. William and Kate also sent thank-you notes to their well-wishers.
William had his first interview with CNN since becoming a father on Monday. Talking to Max Foster, the second in line to the throne shared how fatherhood has changed him.
“I think the last few weeks for me have been just a very different emotional experience. Something I never thought I would feel myself. And I find, again it’s only been a short period, but a lot of things affect me differently now.”
And just like any proud parent, William admitted that he was “on such a high” when he and his wife showed off their newborn to the world.
“I think I was on such a high anyway, and so was Catherine about George that really we were happy to show him off to whoever wanted to see him. As any new parent knows, you’re only too happy to show off your new child and, you know, proclaim that he is the best looking or the best everything.”
Prince George Of Cambridge: Birth Certificate Signed And Registered [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Oct. 20-24, 2014, Plus Additional Spoilers For Oct. 27, 2014: Nina Makes Public Rosalie’s Secret
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- Fappening: Lindsay Clubine, Wife Of Boston Red Sox Pitcher Clay Buchholz, & George Sampson Of Britain’s Got Talent, Are The Latest Victims Of Celebrity Nude Leaks