Prince William And Kate Middleton Send Thank-You Cards To Well-Wishers
By Anne Lu | August 25, 2013 11:56 AM EST
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Prince William and Kate Middleton, were “most touched” by the greetings the people have sent them when their son, Prince George, was born. The royal couple sent thank-you cards to everyone who “took the trouble” to wish them well.
William and Kate have sent the cards to well-wishers who sent them messages of congratulations and have included their address. On the front of the card is the image of the first image of the first-time parents with George outside the Lido Wing of St Mary’s Hospital in London a day after the future king’s birth on July 22.
“The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were most touched that you took the trouble to write as you did on the occasion of the birth of their son Prince George,” the message on the cards reads.
“Their Royal Highnesses have been overwhelmed by all the wonderful messages they have received and send you their warmest thanks and best wishes.”
Brighton, East Sussex resident Zoe Hall was among those who sent the royal family a message and received a thank-you card.
“I sent the card the day after the birth was announced in July and I am amazed I got a reply so quickly,” Ms Hall, 25, told The Telegraph. “I am absolutely thrilled and will definitely be getting it framed.
“I wanted to send a card as I was excited about the announcement. After watching the Royal wedding and seeing their public appearances you start to feel part of their lives.
“It is nice they are recognising people’s interest in them.”
A spokesman for the Kensington Palace explained to the UK paper, “The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are very grateful for the support and goodwill being expressed at this happy time and wated to acknowledge the letters and gifts they have received.”
He added that William and Kate will continue to send thank-you cards to the members of the public who sent their warm wishes and have provided their return address.
When Kate’s pregnancy was announced, members of the public also sent their congratulations to the couple. William and Kate also sent thank-you notes to their well-wishers.
William had his first interview with CNN since becoming a father on Monday. Talking to Max Foster, the second in line to the throne shared how fatherhood has changed him.
“I think the last few weeks for me have been just a very different emotional experience. Something I never thought I would feel myself. And I find, again it’s only been a short period, but a lot of things affect me differently now.”
And just like any proud parent, William admitted that he was “on such a high” when he and his wife showed off their newborn to the world.
“I think I was on such a high anyway, and so was Catherine about George that really we were happy to show him off to whoever wanted to see him. As any new parent knows, you’re only too happy to show off your new child and, you know, proclaim that he is the best looking or the best everything.”
Prince George Of Cambridge: Birth Certificate Signed And Registered [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Katy Perry's Date Riff Raff At MTV VMAs: Top 5 Things To Know About The Rapper
- ‘True Blood’: Identity Of Sookie’s Husband In Final Episode Thank You Revealed
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Spoilers: Juice Ratting Gemma Out To Jax, Unser Helping New Sheriff
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Spoilers: Cersei Lannister – Possible Deviation From The Books
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Warns Gareth Of Dire Consequences In New Promo [VIDEO]
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements