Sony Xperia Z1, Z One: Top 5 Proud Features of Sony's Upcoming Flagship Smartphone on September 4
By Ryan Inoyori | August 24, 2013 2:06 AM EST
Sony Xperia Z is the current flagship Android smartphone of Sony which was released in February 2013. Yet the company seems to plan on releasing something new that is "renowned ingenuity in one exciting."
Sony "Honami" is the codename used for the rumoured upcoming "new flagship" from Sony which carries features higher than Xperia Z and Z Ultra.
Sony Mobile plans to launch a new flagship smartphone at the IFA event on September 2013 in Berlin, Germany.
"Come September, Sony is bringing you its renowned ingenuity in one exciting offering. Sony Mobile invites you to stay tuned for more details and to save the dates of 4th to 6th September 2013," Sony Mobile press release.
According XperiaBlog, BusinessWeek also recently confirmed that Sony will introduce a new flagship smartphone at IFA and quoted as "featuring imaging technology developed for its cameras and ultra-high definition TVs according to two people familiar with the matter."
BRAVIA and X-Reality
Sony Honami may feature one of the strongest featured offered by Sony in their TV screens sold in the market - the X-Reality enhancer. Sony uses the X-Reality picture enhancement chips developed for BRAVIA TVs and sensors for its Cyber-shot cameras.
BRAVIA engine for mobile enhancer photo and video quality if active while X-Reality adds an extra dimension of image clarity such as instantly noticing difference with faces and skin tone; vivid and true-to-life.
New Camera Technology
Sony Xperia devices are usually powered by the Exmor RS camera; a technology coined by Sony which implements CMOS image sensor. It performs on-chip analogue/digital signal conversion and two-step noise reduction. Exmor RS helps reduce the amount of "seen" pixels when photos are zoomed.
Manual snippets leak for Sony's new "lens-camera" attachments which may be used on smartphones. There is a strong possibility that Sony will launch the new camera technology for upcoming devices such as Sony Honami.
These lenses are the Sony DSC-QX10 and Sony DSC-QX100. The QX10 is likely to be cheaper lens with 1/2.3-inch 18MP camera sensor and f/3.3-5.9 lens. The QX100 is more expensive which has the same sensor and Carl Zeiss lens as the RX100MII and features of manual ring control.
New Firmware Build Gets Certified
Sony Honami is not yet out till September at IFA 2013 in Berlin, Germany but the first firmware build to be used for the device has been certified already by PTCRB. The firmware build 14.1.G.1.493 has been approved for the Asian and European LTE version as well as for the North American LTE version.
There is no detail of which Android version does the firmware will feature but Sony already included plans of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update among the Xperia Z series and Xperia SP.
Sony Xperia Z1 (Z One)
As the unveiling event of Sony gets closer, the Sony Honami details leaked out including its model name. Sony may give the Honami the same name pattern with Xperia Z series with more premium features.
Xperia Z and Xperia ZL flagships started all the trend of powerful Android phones from Sony with added to family such as Xperia ZR featuring 4.6-inches screen and Xperia Z Ultra with 6.4-inches of screen display. Other features include water resistance, dust-proof, scratch-resistant display and BRAVIA engine for mobile.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- ‘World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update For The Classes Including Druid, Rogue And Priest [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Weekend Event For San Andreas Flight School Update And A Deals With Gold Offer
- Samsung Galaxy S4 vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- 'Assassin's Creed' Update: 'Unity' And 'Rogue' Not A Multiplayer Player Game, Ubisoft Confirms
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch