Sony Xperia Z1, Z One: Top 5 Proud Features of Sony's Upcoming Flagship Smartphone on September 4
By Ryan Inoyori | August 24, 2013 2:06 AM EST
Sony Xperia Z is the current flagship Android smartphone of Sony which was released in February 2013. Yet the company seems to plan on releasing something new that is "renowned ingenuity in one exciting."
Sony "Honami" is the codename used for the rumoured upcoming "new flagship" from Sony which carries features higher than Xperia Z and Z Ultra.
Sony Mobile plans to launch a new flagship smartphone at the IFA event on September 2013 in Berlin, Germany.
"Come September, Sony is bringing you its renowned ingenuity in one exciting offering. Sony Mobile invites you to stay tuned for more details and to save the dates of 4th to 6th September 2013," Sony Mobile press release.
According XperiaBlog, BusinessWeek also recently confirmed that Sony will introduce a new flagship smartphone at IFA and quoted as "featuring imaging technology developed for its cameras and ultra-high definition TVs according to two people familiar with the matter."
BRAVIA and X-Reality
Sony Honami may feature one of the strongest featured offered by Sony in their TV screens sold in the market - the X-Reality enhancer. Sony uses the X-Reality picture enhancement chips developed for BRAVIA TVs and sensors for its Cyber-shot cameras.
BRAVIA engine for mobile enhancer photo and video quality if active while X-Reality adds an extra dimension of image clarity such as instantly noticing difference with faces and skin tone; vivid and true-to-life.
New Camera Technology
Sony Xperia devices are usually powered by the Exmor RS camera; a technology coined by Sony which implements CMOS image sensor. It performs on-chip analogue/digital signal conversion and two-step noise reduction. Exmor RS helps reduce the amount of "seen" pixels when photos are zoomed.
Manual snippets leak for Sony's new "lens-camera" attachments which may be used on smartphones. There is a strong possibility that Sony will launch the new camera technology for upcoming devices such as Sony Honami.
These lenses are the Sony DSC-QX10 and Sony DSC-QX100. The QX10 is likely to be cheaper lens with 1/2.3-inch 18MP camera sensor and f/3.3-5.9 lens. The QX100 is more expensive which has the same sensor and Carl Zeiss lens as the RX100MII and features of manual ring control.
New Firmware Build Gets Certified
Sony Honami is not yet out till September at IFA 2013 in Berlin, Germany but the first firmware build to be used for the device has been certified already by PTCRB. The firmware build 14.1.G.1.493 has been approved for the Asian and European LTE version as well as for the North American LTE version.
There is no detail of which Android version does the firmware will feature but Sony already included plans of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update among the Xperia Z series and Xperia SP.
Sony Xperia Z1 (Z One)
As the unveiling event of Sony gets closer, the Sony Honami details leaked out including its model name. Sony may give the Honami the same name pattern with Xperia Z series with more premium features.
Xperia Z and Xperia ZL flagships started all the trend of powerful Android phones from Sony with added to family such as Xperia ZR featuring 4.6-inches screen and Xperia Z Ultra with 6.4-inches of screen display. Other features include water resistance, dust-proof, scratch-resistant display and BRAVIA engine for mobile.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- ‘GTA 5’ Online Updates Radio For PS4, Xbox One As Rockstar Brings Allies For New Sale
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase