Sony Xperia Z1, Z One: Top 5 Proud Features of Sony's Upcoming Flagship Smartphone on September 4
By Ryan Inoyori | August 24, 2013 2:06 AM EST
Sony Xperia Z is the current flagship Android smartphone of Sony which was released in February 2013. Yet the company seems to plan on releasing something new that is "renowned ingenuity in one exciting."
Sony "Honami" is the codename used for the rumoured upcoming "new flagship" from Sony which carries features higher than Xperia Z and Z Ultra.
Sony Mobile plans to launch a new flagship smartphone at the IFA event on September 2013 in Berlin, Germany.
"Come September, Sony is bringing you its renowned ingenuity in one exciting offering. Sony Mobile invites you to stay tuned for more details and to save the dates of 4th to 6th September 2013," Sony Mobile press release.
According XperiaBlog, BusinessWeek also recently confirmed that Sony will introduce a new flagship smartphone at IFA and quoted as "featuring imaging technology developed for its cameras and ultra-high definition TVs according to two people familiar with the matter."
BRAVIA and X-Reality
Sony Honami may feature one of the strongest featured offered by Sony in their TV screens sold in the market - the X-Reality enhancer. Sony uses the X-Reality picture enhancement chips developed for BRAVIA TVs and sensors for its Cyber-shot cameras.
BRAVIA engine for mobile enhancer photo and video quality if active while X-Reality adds an extra dimension of image clarity such as instantly noticing difference with faces and skin tone; vivid and true-to-life.
New Camera Technology
Sony Xperia devices are usually powered by the Exmor RS camera; a technology coined by Sony which implements CMOS image sensor. It performs on-chip analogue/digital signal conversion and two-step noise reduction. Exmor RS helps reduce the amount of "seen" pixels when photos are zoomed.
Manual snippets leak for Sony's new "lens-camera" attachments which may be used on smartphones. There is a strong possibility that Sony will launch the new camera technology for upcoming devices such as Sony Honami.
These lenses are the Sony DSC-QX10 and Sony DSC-QX100. The QX10 is likely to be cheaper lens with 1/2.3-inch 18MP camera sensor and f/3.3-5.9 lens. The QX100 is more expensive which has the same sensor and Carl Zeiss lens as the RX100MII and features of manual ring control.
New Firmware Build Gets Certified
Sony Honami is not yet out till September at IFA 2013 in Berlin, Germany but the first firmware build to be used for the device has been certified already by PTCRB. The firmware build 14.1.G.1.493 has been approved for the Asian and European LTE version as well as for the North American LTE version.
There is no detail of which Android version does the firmware will feature but Sony already included plans of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update among the Xperia Z series and Xperia SP.
Sony Xperia Z1 (Z One)
As the unveiling event of Sony gets closer, the Sony Honami details leaked out including its model name. Sony may give the Honami the same name pattern with Xperia Z series with more premium features.
Xperia Z and Xperia ZL flagships started all the trend of powerful Android phones from Sony with added to family such as Xperia ZR featuring 4.6-inches screen and Xperia Z Ultra with 6.4-inches of screen display. Other features include water resistance, dust-proof, scratch-resistant display and BRAVIA engine for mobile.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition' Warrior, Rogue, Mage Gameplay And Combat Strategies
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1